Thomas Bach: Politicians Should Follow Athletes’ Example
The President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) thanked everybody involved in making the Sochi Winter Games possible.
“These are the first Olympics hosted in modern Russia. The huge desire to host these games speaks for the passion this country has for winter sports”, said Thomas Bach.
“I would like to personally thank the Russian President Vladimir Putin, Russia’s Olympic Committee and Organizing Committee. I would like to thank all the construction workers and architects, and all the people of Sochi. Thank you for your understanding during these years of transformation. Now you are living in an Olympic region. I am sure you will feel this for many years to come”, Bach added.
Mr. Bach urged everybody present to uphold the Olympic values, to be tolerant, understanding, and respectful towards the opponent.
The IOC President told the politicians present at the ceremony, to look towards their countries’ athletes as ambassadors and messengers of friendship.
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Now 3rd in the World Ranking
- » Dimitar Berbatov's Adventure in India Begins Today
- » Ibrahimovic Could Play at World Cup 2018
- » WADA Refused to Return Russia's Rights
- » Anthony Ivanov will Swim for a University in Alabama
- » FIFA Approves a Tournament for Countries that did not Qualify for the World Cup