Thomas Bach: Politicians Should Follow Athletes’ Example
The President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) thanked everybody involved in making the Sochi Winter Games possible.
“These are the first Olympics hosted in modern Russia. The huge desire to host these games speaks for the passion this country has for winter sports”, said Thomas Bach.
“I would like to personally thank the Russian President Vladimir Putin, Russia’s Olympic Committee and Organizing Committee. I would like to thank all the construction workers and architects, and all the people of Sochi. Thank you for your understanding during these years of transformation. Now you are living in an Olympic region. I am sure you will feel this for many years to come”, Bach added.
Mr. Bach urged everybody present to uphold the Olympic values, to be tolerant, understanding, and respectful towards the opponent.
The IOC President told the politicians present at the ceremony, to look towards their countries’ athletes as ambassadors and messengers of friendship.
- » Sepp Blatter Re-Elected as FIFA President
- » Bulgarian Football Union to Announce Fate of CSKA, Lokomotiv Sofia on June 1
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Proceeds to Third Round of Roland Garros
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Defeated in Second Round of Roland Garros
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Suffers Heavy Defeat, Ousted at Opening of Roland Garros
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Beats Former No.1 at Opening of Roland Garros