More Bars and Paid Parasols to Be Allowed On Bulgaria's Beaches
Bulgaria's Parliament passed amendments, allowing more bars, restaurants, stands and paid parasols on the beaches.
By a vote of 80 "for", 30 "against" and 22 "abstained" the MPs passed at first reading the amendments to the Black Sea Coast Act, which permits the tenants of the beaches to erect "temporary constructions" closer to the shore and expanded the territory on which they can place paid parasols and deck chairs.
Currently the tenants are obliged to leave at least 50% of the beach to those who have brought their own parasols and deck chairs. The amendments decrease it to 30% and increase the beach space, which can be taken up by bars, cafes, restaurants and stands.
The opposition accused the majority that they are favoring lobbyist interests and said the amendments would lead to the total and complete buildup of the coast.
The majority, however, said that the current law infringes on the rights of owners and has caused outrage among the public and the municipal authorities on the coast.
- » Minister Predicts 50% Increase in Air Traffic over Bulgaria after Launch of Istanbul New Airport
- » Bulgaria, Romania Plan Opening Joint Tourist Centre in China
- » Minister: Drop of Russian Tourists to Be Compensated by European Visitors
- » Interest of Russian Tourists in Bulgarian Black Sea Grows
- » TripAdvisor Names Bulgaria's Sofia Cheapest City for Hotel Stays
- » Bulgaria Cuts Port Fees for Cruise Ships to Boost Tourism
The owners of the chairs and parasols have been taking more of the beaches than they should have most of the beaches now have no free space and none of this is being policed .
Also the cost for two chairs and a parasol at some locations has more than doubled since last year one beach area wants 15 euro and if you leave for and go for a walk they want you to pay again as you had left the beach .
A Lounger an be bought for 50 bgn so how much are they when bought in bulk half that therefore the owner wants his money back in less than one days hire and the rest of the summer is clear profit .
PURE GREED .