Truckers Threaten to Block Bulgaria's Border with Turkey
Truck drivers threaten to block the border crossings between Bulgaria and Turkey on Monday.
The reason is the ongoing disputes between the two countries on the transit transport permits for trucks.
On Friday the Union of International Truckers and the National Union of Bulgarian Truckers sent a letter to Transport Minister Danail Papazov, informing him that in the morning of February 10 their members will block the traffic in both directions at the border crossings between Bulgaria and Turkey.
The organizations demanded that the Transport Ministry starts a new round of negotiations and resolves the quota dispute.
- » Plovdiv Mayor Signs Contract for BGN 30 M Loan from EBRD
- » GERB Meets BSP Friday in Second Round of Coalition Talks
- » ABV Will Stay Out of Gov't, But Will Back Some GERB Policies
- » PF Urges Power Price Freeze, Anti-Crime Steps Ahead of Talks with GERB
- » Dimitar Vladimirov Appointed Deputy Head of State Agency for Bulgarians Abroad
- » Subsidies for Political Parties in Bulgaria Up 10 Times in 10 Years