Truckers Threaten to Block Bulgaria's Border with Turkey
Truck drivers threaten to block the border crossings between Bulgaria and Turkey on Monday.
The reason is the ongoing disputes between the two countries on the transit transport permits for trucks.
On Friday the Union of International Truckers and the National Union of Bulgarian Truckers sent a letter to Transport Minister Danail Papazov, informing him that in the morning of February 10 their members will block the traffic in both directions at the border crossings between Bulgaria and Turkey.
The organizations demanded that the Transport Ministry starts a new round of negotiations and resolves the quota dispute.
- » Bulgarian Socialist Leader Heads to Moscow for Ruling Party Congress
- » Bulgaria Nationalist Leader Calls for EU In/Out Referendum after Brexit
- » Bulgaria's Rivaling Socialist Parties to Attend United Russia Congress
- » Increase of Teachers' Salaries Can be Discussed in Autumn – Bulgarian PM
- » Bulgaria Moves to Punish Preaching of Radical Islam by Imprisonment
- » Bulgaria's Socialist Opposition Demands Resignation of Interior Minister