Truckers Threaten to Block Bulgaria's Border with Turkey
Truck drivers threaten to block the border crossings between Bulgaria and Turkey on Monday.
The reason is the ongoing disputes between the two countries on the transit transport permits for trucks.
On Friday the Union of International Truckers and the National Union of Bulgarian Truckers sent a letter to Transport Minister Danail Papazov, informing him that in the morning of February 10 their members will block the traffic in both directions at the border crossings between Bulgaria and Turkey.
The organizations demanded that the Transport Ministry starts a new round of negotiations and resolves the quota dispute.
- » Consultations on Bulgaria's Pension Reform Continue
- » Finance Ministry Reverses Controversial Changes to Pension Insurance
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Makes Governance Programme Public
- » Bulgaria Foresees New Investments for Municipalities Hosting Refugees
- » Proposal to Increase Social Insurance Could Lead to Higher Unemployment - CEIB
- » Bulgaria’s ATAKA Party Leader Proposes to Relax Smoking Ban