Truckers Threaten to Block Bulgaria's Border with Turkey
Truck drivers threaten to block the border crossings between Bulgaria and Turkey on Monday.
The reason is the ongoing disputes between the two countries on the transit transport permits for trucks.
On Friday the Union of International Truckers and the National Union of Bulgarian Truckers sent a letter to Transport Minister Danail Papazov, informing him that in the morning of February 10 their members will block the traffic in both directions at the border crossings between Bulgaria and Turkey.
The organizations demanded that the Transport Ministry starts a new round of negotiations and resolves the quota dispute.
- » Bulgaria, US Sign Agreement on DNA Profiles, Fingerprints Exchange
- » Bulgarian TV Host Registers Committee for Referendum on Political System
- » Bulgarian Infant Mortality Rate Twice Higher Than EU Average
- » Garbage From UK, Italy Floods Varna
- » Struma Highway Blocked Near Blagoevgrad
- » 13% Decrease Registered in Number of Asylum Seekers in Bulgaria in Second Quarter of 2016