Bulgarian Socialist Municipal Council in Montana Resigns
The entire Municipal Council of the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) in the northwestern town of Montana has resigned.
The decision comes after the party's national council revoked its political trust to the municipal council, on allegations that its members supported the breakaway ABV (Alternative for Bulgarian Renaissance) movement of the ex-President Georgi Parvanov.
Twenty-four out of the 27 members present at the municipal council meeting in Montana voted in favor of the resignation, Standartnews reported.
- » Bulgaria Drafts New Plan for Integration of Refugees, Deputy PM Kuneva Says
- » Resignation of Sofia Investigative Service Head Rejected
- » Bulgaria PM 'Avoiding Dependency Allegations' over IntMin Reshuffle
- » Director of Harmanli Refugee Camp Suspended From Office
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov Proposes Deputy Bachvarova to Become New IntMin
- » Outgoing Sofia Investigative Service Head Leaves Judicial System