Bulgarian Socialist Municipal Council in Montana Resigns
The entire Municipal Council of the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) in the northwestern town of Montana has resigned.
The decision comes after the party's national council revoked its political trust to the municipal council, on allegations that its members supported the breakaway ABV (Alternative for Bulgarian Renaissance) movement of the ex-President Georgi Parvanov.
Twenty-four out of the 27 members present at the municipal council meeting in Montana voted in favor of the resignation, Standartnews reported.
- » Bulgaria MPs Recognize 'Mass Extermination' of Armenians
- » Bulgaria Could Only Recognize 'Mass Extermination' or Armenians - PM
- » Bulgarian Deputy PM Proposes Introduction of Flexible Working Time
- » Bulgaria's Agriculture Minister Plans Restructuring, Closure of Agencies
- » Mayor of Bulgaria's Pazardzhik Faces Corruption Accusations
- » Bulgaria MPs Reschedule Agenda before Armenian 'Genocide' Vote