Bulgarian Socialist Municipal Council in Montana Resigns
The entire Municipal Council of the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) in the northwestern town of Montana has resigned.
The decision comes after the party's national council revoked its political trust to the municipal council, on allegations that its members supported the breakaway ABV (Alternative for Bulgarian Renaissance) movement of the ex-President Georgi Parvanov.
Twenty-four out of the 27 members present at the municipal council meeting in Montana voted in favor of the resignation, Standartnews reported.
- » GERB, BSP Draw Consecutive-Number Ballots for Snap Elections
- » Secretary General of Bulgaria's Interior Ministry To Be Dismissed
- » Bulgarian Court Initiates Trial Against Former Defence Minister
- » Fire Bursts Out in Varna Mall
- » 270 Refugees Evacuated in Harmanli Centre Due To Fire
- » Bulgarians Wishing To Vote Abroad Have One Week Left To Apply