Merkel Furious at Nuland's Ukraine Comment
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has criticized a top US diplomat's use of an expletive in commenting on the EU's handling of the Ukraine political crisis.
US official Victoria Nuland was allegedly recorder using a graphic swear word while discussing the crisis in Ukraine with the US ambassador to the country.
A recording of the apparently tapped conversation was posted online, with the US hinting at Russia's involvement.
"The chancellor considers this statement absolutely unacceptable ... and wants to emphasize again that [EU foreign policy chief Catherine] Ashton is doing an outstanding job," Merkel's spokeswoman said on Friday, as cited by The Local.
"The European Union will continue with its intensive efforts to calm the situation in Ukraine."
- » Violent Protest in Madrid over Migrant Death
- » Donald Trump Jr. and Vanessa Trump are Separating
- » Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia: If Iran Develops a Nuclear Bomb Riyadh will Follow
- » U.S. Accuses Iran of Trying to Influence Iraq's Election
- » Kremlin Promises Retaliation Against UK Over Diplomat Expulsions After Ex-Spy's Poisoning
- » Russian Plane Loses Almost Nine Tonnes of Gold Amid Incident in Yakutsk
"The European Union will continue with its intensive efforts to calm the situation in Ukraine" - and it's the KEY words........................