Merkel Furious at Nuland's Ukraine Comment
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has criticized a top US diplomat's use of an expletive in commenting on the EU's handling of the Ukraine political crisis.
US official Victoria Nuland was allegedly recorder using a graphic swear word while discussing the crisis in Ukraine with the US ambassador to the country.
A recording of the apparently tapped conversation was posted online, with the US hinting at Russia's involvement.
"The chancellor considers this statement absolutely unacceptable ... and wants to emphasize again that [EU foreign policy chief Catherine] Ashton is doing an outstanding job," Merkel's spokeswoman said on Friday, as cited by The Local.
"The European Union will continue with its intensive efforts to calm the situation in Ukraine."
- » Lebanese Army: No Coordination with Hezbollah, Syria in IS attack
- » 2 Police Officers Shot, 1 Killed in Kissimmee, Florida
- » Venezuela's Former Top Prosecutor is in Colombia
- » The Suspects in the Attacks in Barcelona and Cambrils Were Planning One or More Bigger Attacks
- » Turkey's Erdogan Calls German Leaders 'Enemies'
- » Death Toll in Barcelona Rises
"The European Union will continue with its intensive efforts to calm the situation in Ukraine" - and it's the KEY words........................