Merkel Furious at Nuland's Ukraine Comment
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has criticized a top US diplomat's use of an expletive in commenting on the EU's handling of the Ukraine political crisis.
US official Victoria Nuland was allegedly recorder using a graphic swear word while discussing the crisis in Ukraine with the US ambassador to the country.
A recording of the apparently tapped conversation was posted online, with the US hinting at Russia's involvement.
"The chancellor considers this statement absolutely unacceptable ... and wants to emphasize again that [EU foreign policy chief Catherine] Ashton is doing an outstanding job," Merkel's spokeswoman said on Friday, as cited by The Local.
"The European Union will continue with its intensive efforts to calm the situation in Ukraine."
- » Angela Merkel Severely Criticized Countries Unwilling to Accept More Refugees
- » Czech Republic Refuses to Admit Refugees from Turkey
- » German Vice Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel Criticizes Merkel's Migration Policy
- » Germany Expects No More than 300 Refugees By End Year
- » Alexis Tsipras: EU is Sleepwalker, Closing In on the Abyss
- » Hungary Proposes to Send Police to Help Serbia Guard Borders against Migrants
"The European Union will continue with its intensive efforts to calm the situation in Ukraine" - and it's the KEY words........................