Merkel Furious at Nuland's Ukraine Comment
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has criticized a top US diplomat's use of an expletive in commenting on the EU's handling of the Ukraine political crisis.
US official Victoria Nuland was allegedly recorder using a graphic swear word while discussing the crisis in Ukraine with the US ambassador to the country.
A recording of the apparently tapped conversation was posted online, with the US hinting at Russia's involvement.
"The chancellor considers this statement absolutely unacceptable ... and wants to emphasize again that [EU foreign policy chief Catherine] Ashton is doing an outstanding job," Merkel's spokeswoman said on Friday, as cited by The Local.
"The European Union will continue with its intensive efforts to calm the situation in Ukraine."
- » UK Police: 23-Year-Old Man Arrested Over Manchester Attack
- » Manchester Arena explosion: Children Among 22 Killed by Suicide Bomber After Ariana Grande Concert
- » Ariana Grande Concert: Deaths After Reported Blast
- » Erdogan Elected Leader of Turkey's Ruling Party
- » Theresa May: 'No time to Waste' as Brexit Talks Will Start Just 11 Days After the Election'
- » Romania Аpproves Financial Support for Holocaust Survivors
"The European Union will continue with its intensive efforts to calm the situation in Ukraine" - and it's the KEY words........................