Merkel Furious at Nuland's Ukraine Comment
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has criticized a top US diplomat's use of an expletive in commenting on the EU's handling of the Ukraine political crisis.
US official Victoria Nuland was allegedly recorder using a graphic swear word while discussing the crisis in Ukraine with the US ambassador to the country.
A recording of the apparently tapped conversation was posted online, with the US hinting at Russia's involvement.
"The chancellor considers this statement absolutely unacceptable ... and wants to emphasize again that [EU foreign policy chief Catherine] Ashton is doing an outstanding job," Merkel's spokeswoman said on Friday, as cited by The Local.
"The European Union will continue with its intensive efforts to calm the situation in Ukraine."
- » US Air Strikes Help Iraq Repel IS Offensive on Mosul Dam
- » European Parliament Approves Jean-Claude Juncker Commission
- » New European Commission To Be Voted Wednesday In Strasbourg
- » UK to Send Spy Drones Over Syria in Broadening of Anti-IS Campaign
- » Turkey Adopts Tough Measures Against Violation of Public Order
- » Russian State Telecom To Launch Counterpart of Skype
"The European Union will continue with its intensive efforts to calm the situation in Ukraine" - and it's the KEY words........................