Merkel Furious at Nuland's Ukraine Comment
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has criticized a top US diplomat's use of an expletive in commenting on the EU's handling of the Ukraine political crisis.
US official Victoria Nuland was allegedly recorder using a graphic swear word while discussing the crisis in Ukraine with the US ambassador to the country.
A recording of the apparently tapped conversation was posted online, with the US hinting at Russia's involvement.
"The chancellor considers this statement absolutely unacceptable ... and wants to emphasize again that [EU foreign policy chief Catherine] Ashton is doing an outstanding job," Merkel's spokeswoman said on Friday, as cited by The Local.
"The European Union will continue with its intensive efforts to calm the situation in Ukraine."
- » Hundreds of Migrants Feared Dead as Boat Sinks off Libya
- » Greek President Appoints Caretaker Prime Minister Ahead of Early Elections
- » Austrian Authorities Find At Least Twenty Dead Migrants in Truck
- » Don’t Take Hitchhikers in Greece, Bulgaria Tells Its Motorists
- » Hungary Fires Tear Gas to Prevent Migrants to Leave Reception Centre
- » Serbia, Kosovo Mark Progress in Relations After Signing Four Key Agreements
"The European Union will continue with its intensive efforts to calm the situation in Ukraine" - and it's the KEY words........................