Merkel Furious at Nuland's Ukraine Comment
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has criticized a top US diplomat's use of an expletive in commenting on the EU's handling of the Ukraine political crisis.
US official Victoria Nuland was allegedly recorder using a graphic swear word while discussing the crisis in Ukraine with the US ambassador to the country.
A recording of the apparently tapped conversation was posted online, with the US hinting at Russia's involvement.
"The chancellor considers this statement absolutely unacceptable ... and wants to emphasize again that [EU foreign policy chief Catherine] Ashton is doing an outstanding job," Merkel's spokeswoman said on Friday, as cited by The Local.
"The European Union will continue with its intensive efforts to calm the situation in Ukraine."
- » UNICEF Launches Campaign in Support of Nepal Children
- » Ukraine to Meet EU Membership Criteria in 5 Years - President
- » Leading German Meat Processor to Build 20 Pig Farms in Serbia
- » Police Officer Killed in Bosnia Police Station Attack
- » German Ambassador to Macedonia also Calls for Gov't Resignations
- » EU Pledges EUR 70 M for Nuclear Safety at Chernobyl Site
"The European Union will continue with its intensive efforts to calm the situation in Ukraine" - and it's the KEY words........................