Bulgaria's Cheparinov Wins Prestigious Gibraltar Chess Tournament
Bulgaria's Ivan Cheparinov grabbed the title at Gibraltar's Tradewise Chess Festival, one of the world's strongest open tournaments.
In the final of the event, which had attracted 256 different players including over 60 grand masters, the Bulgarian faced off and defeated Russia's Nikita Vitiugov (1.5:0.5 points).
Vitiugov had the ambition to defend the title he won in 2013 but Cheparinov outplayed him in the rapid play games.
The 27-year-old Cheparinov was seeded 17th in this years tournament and is 75th in the world.
- » Dimitrov Struggled Again but Achieved his Third Victory at the Australian Open
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play Tomorrow Against Russian Tennis Player Andrey Rublev at 6:00
- » Grigor Dimitrov Struggled but Reached the Third Round of the Australian Open
- » Ronaldinho: Brazilian World Cup Winner Retires From Football
- » Grigor Dimitrov on the Court Again on Wednesday at 10:00 Bulgarian Time
- » Novak Djokovic HITS BACK Over ‘Exaggerated’ Australian Open