Young British Lady Dies in Bulgarian Ski Resort
A 22-year-old woman from Wales has died after a night out in a bar at a Bulgarian ski resort, Belfast Telegraph reported, citing officials.
Nina Holmes collapsed outside BJ's bar in the town of Borovets on Sunday night.
It has been reported that eight other British nationals were taken to hospital following a night out in the resort - which is 45 miles from the capital Sofia - prompting a police investigation.
Leading the tributes to Ms Holmes, of Gorseinon, was her boyfriend Dean Herbert. The postal worker told Facebook friends he is flying back into the UK with his girlfriend's body on Friday.
He wrote: " Sleep tight my babes, promise you're coming home."
South Wales Police said it was aware of the incident and would be working with Swansea coroner Philip Rogers once Holmes' body was repatriated.
A Foreign and Commonwealth Office spokeswoman said: "We can confirm the death of a British national in Bulgaria on February 2.
"We are providing consular assistance to the family at this difficult time."
- » Greek Police Seized Fake EUR 50 Banknotes Possibly Printed in Bulgaria
- » Chief Secretary of Interior: 2 Tonnes of Drugs Seized since January
- » CEPACA Distrains Property of Nesebar Mayor and Chief Architect
- » Trial Against Bulgaria's ex-IntMin Adjourned Again
- » Int'l Police Operation Busts Bulgarian Credit Card Fraud Ring
- » Bulgarians Busted for Heroin Traffic in Greece