December Consumption in Bulgaria Increases by 5.6% Y/Y
The retail sector in Bulgaria grew by 5.6% in December, year-on-year.
Compared to November, however, sales rose by just 0.4%, shows the data of the National Statistical Institute (NSI).
Highest growth in December 2013 was posted by the sales of electrical appliances and furniture – by 16.3%. Online purchases rose by 15% and those of computers and other electronic devices by 13.4%.
Compared to November 2013, highest growth was posted by the sales of shoes and garments – by 2%. This, according to the NSI is the segment that has an intermittent growth throughout the year.
The sales of domestic appliances and furniture grew by 1.2% throughout 2013.
- » Bulgarian Ambassador Vows Visa Simplification for Russian Tourists in 2015
- » Gazprom Approves Capital Increase of South Stream Transport B.V.
- » Reuters: Bulgaria to Open Eurobond Sales Roadshow on 16 March
- » Bulgaria Coalition Member Demands FinMin's Resignation over New Debt
- » Bulgaria’s Gross External Debt Exceeded EUR 39.5 B in end-December 2014
- » Bulgaria’s Banking System Posts January Profit of BGN 121 M