December Consumption in Bulgaria Increases by 5.6% Y/Y
The retail sector in Bulgaria grew by 5.6% in December, year-on-year.
Compared to November, however, sales rose by just 0.4%, shows the data of the National Statistical Institute (NSI).
Highest growth in December 2013 was posted by the sales of electrical appliances and furniture – by 16.3%. Online purchases rose by 15% and those of computers and other electronic devices by 13.4%.
Compared to November 2013, highest growth was posted by the sales of shoes and garments – by 2%. This, according to the NSI is the segment that has an intermittent growth throughout the year.
The sales of domestic appliances and furniture grew by 1.2% throughout 2013.
- » Launch of Power Exchange Will Not Lead to 30-40% Price Spike – Watchdog Chair
- » Bulgaria Ranked 55th Out of 61 Competitive Economies
- » OMV Interested in Using Bulgarian Pipes to Transport Romanian Gas
- » Bulgarians Made More Business, Holiday Trips Abroad in April
- » Macedonia Will Only Join Turkish Stream amid Agreement between Russia, EU on it - Gruevski
- » Lukoil 'Manipulating Bulgaria Oil, Diesel Fuel Prices' - ex-PM