December Consumption in Bulgaria Increases by 5.6% Y/Y
The retail sector in Bulgaria grew by 5.6% in December, year-on-year.
Compared to November, however, sales rose by just 0.4%, shows the data of the National Statistical Institute (NSI).
Highest growth in December 2013 was posted by the sales of electrical appliances and furniture – by 16.3%. Online purchases rose by 15% and those of computers and other electronic devices by 13.4%.
Compared to November 2013, highest growth was posted by the sales of shoes and garments – by 2%. This, according to the NSI is the segment that has an intermittent growth throughout the year.
The sales of domestic appliances and furniture grew by 1.2% throughout 2013.
- » Oettinger Pledges Full Support for Bulgaria's Energy Board
- » Bulgarian Telco Vivacom Engaged in Unfair Practice - Supreme Court
- » 53% of Bulgarians Do Not Trust Banking System – Poll
- » Bulgaria's 131km Border Fence Plan May Trigger Infringement Procedure
- » South Stream Bulgaria Halts Commissioning Activities
- » Bulgaria-Serbia Cross-Border Co-Op Scheme by 2020 Granted EUR 34M