December Consumption in Bulgaria Increases by 5.6% Y/Y
The retail sector in Bulgaria grew by 5.6% in December, year-on-year.
Compared to November, however, sales rose by just 0.4%, shows the data of the National Statistical Institute (NSI).
Highest growth in December 2013 was posted by the sales of electrical appliances and furniture – by 16.3%. Online purchases rose by 15% and those of computers and other electronic devices by 13.4%.
Compared to November 2013, highest growth was posted by the sales of shoes and garments – by 2%. This, according to the NSI is the segment that has an intermittent growth throughout the year.
The sales of domestic appliances and furniture grew by 1.2% throughout 2013.
- » Greece to Request Approval for Corporate Tax Cuts
- » Bulgaria's Debt Was EU's Second-Lowest in 2013
- » Ex Bulgarian President: Bulgaria Must Oppose South Stream Suspension
- » Apartment Prices in Bulgaria On the Rise After 1.5 Years' Drop
- » Retail Chains Contributed BGN 1 B in VAT to Bulgaria's Budget
- » Possible Gas Reserves at Bulgaria's Khan Asparuh Block at 100 bcm