December Consumption in Bulgaria Increases by 5.6% Y/Y
The retail sector in Bulgaria grew by 5.6% in December, year-on-year.
Compared to November, however, sales rose by just 0.4%, shows the data of the National Statistical Institute (NSI).
Highest growth in December 2013 was posted by the sales of electrical appliances and furniture – by 16.3%. Online purchases rose by 15% and those of computers and other electronic devices by 13.4%.
Compared to November 2013, highest growth was posted by the sales of shoes and garments – by 2%. This, according to the NSI is the segment that has an intermittent growth throughout the year.
The sales of domestic appliances and furniture grew by 1.2% throughout 2013.
- » Natural Gas Price Drops As Of New Year
- » Sanctions, Falling Rouble Force Russians to Settle in Bulgaria
- » Russia EconMin: Forfeit Demand on Bulgaria over South Stream 'Unlikely'
- » Die Presse: 'New Signs of Life' for South Stream from Bulgaria
- » Too Early for EU Response on Bulgaria's 'Gas Hub' Idea - Commission VP Georgieva
- » Bulgaria Air in Codeshare Deal with Germany's airberlin