Bulgarian Mobster Still Missing, Skips Even Mother's Funeral
One of the notorious Bulgarian mobsters, known as "the Galevi brothers", who have been missing for two years, did not turn up even at his mother's funeral.
Iskra Hristova, mother of Angel Hristov, died without seeing her son, who disappeared without a trace at the beginning of May 2012.
Police in the small southern town of Sandanski was on the alert in case Hristov shows up, local media reported.
The notorious pair was sentenced to five (Galev) and four (Hristov) years of imprisonment by the Supreme Court of Cassation (VKS) in early May 2012 over racketeering.
A few days later, the two underground bosses vanished and were declared wanted by the local authorities and Interpol.
The current location of the two high-profile mobsters remains unknown.
Meanwhile, the two crime bosses were charged with money laundering, worth BGN 35. 5 M.
- » Migrant Smuggling Network Dismantled Near Dunav Bridge Checkpoint
- » Man’s Body Found in Front of Residential Building in Sofia, Regions is Closed Off
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.
- » Man and Woman Detained For the Murder of the Taxi Driver in Varna
Bloody pathetic. It's a pity that the "authorities" weren't "on the alert" when these two Mafia kingpins were sentenced, but instead they slipped through the net. Nice little earner for someone no doubt. My guess is that they are living the high life in Panama, Bahamas, Caymans or somewhere with a lovely climate. Either that or they are wearing concrete boots, but I doubt it.