Bulgarian Media to be Fined for Offending Election Candidates
Bulgarian media could be fined if they offend the morality, honor and good name of election candidates.
The proposal was discussed and approved by the interim parliamentary committee on the new Election Code, the daily Dnevnik reported.
The fine for first offense will be between BGN 5,000 and 10,000 and for second – 10,000 and 20,000.
The current Code provides that the offending media must only publish a retraction.
The definition of "morality, honor and good name" in the new text is vague, but MPs argued that it also includes any unproven claims and information.
- » Another ex-MP Leaving Bulgaria's Patriotic Front
- » Bulgarian MEP Barekov Promises Free iPhones in Schools
- » Israeli Embassy in Sofia Condemns Lukovmarch
- » Glas Naroden, Reformist Bloc Sign Coalition Agreement
- » Electronic Voting To Be Without Technical Support
- » Bulgaria's PM: No Violations at Some Ministries
Ha ha ha, this is too funny, "morality, honour, good name and reputation".
BTW, MM aka Rocky Raccoon looks like she forgot to take off her "pole dancing" makeup.