Bulgarian Media to be Fined for Offending Election Candidates
Bulgarian media could be fined if they offend the morality, honor and good name of election candidates.
The proposal was discussed and approved by the interim parliamentary committee on the new Election Code, the daily Dnevnik reported.
The fine for first offense will be between BGN 5,000 and 10,000 and for second – 10,000 and 20,000.
The current Code provides that the offending media must only publish a retraction.
The definition of "morality, honor and good name" in the new text is vague, but MPs argued that it also includes any unproven claims and information.
- » Socialist Presidential Candidate Radev: We Need Decisive Change in Refugee Policy
- » ABV Deputy Chairman Rumen Petkov: Interior Ministry Cannot Answer Simple Questions
- » Bulgarian Male Arrested in Greece for Human Trafficking
- » Hemus Highway Blocked
- » Bulgarian Municipalities With Bad Demographic Indicators To Integrate Refugees Permanently
- » Special Traffic Organisation After End of Four-Day Holiday
Ha ha ha, this is too funny, "morality, honour, good name and reputation".
BTW, MM aka Rocky Raccoon looks like she forgot to take off her "pole dancing" makeup.