Bulgarian Media to be Fined for Offending Election Candidates
Bulgarian media could be fined if they offend the morality, honor and good name of election candidates.
The proposal was discussed and approved by the interim parliamentary committee on the new Election Code, the daily Dnevnik reported.
The fine for first offense will be between BGN 5,000 and 10,000 and for second – 10,000 and 20,000.
The current Code provides that the offending media must only publish a retraction.
The definition of "morality, honor and good name" in the new text is vague, but MPs argued that it also includes any unproven claims and information.
- » Trade Union in Interior Ministry to Consider Protests Against Low Wages
- » Trial of Burgas Airport Terrorist Attack Fails to Start for 5th Time
- » 6 from Judges’ Quota Elected for Bulgaria’s Next Supreme Judicial Council
- » The Bulgarian Justice Minister is on a Working Visit to Brussels on 19 and 20 June
- » PM Boyko Borisov: 'Any Administrative Burden or Delay Create Tension in Society
- » Registration of New Cars Will Be Eased
Ha ha ha, this is too funny, "morality, honour, good name and reputation".
BTW, MM aka Rocky Raccoon looks like she forgot to take off her "pole dancing" makeup.