Bulgarian Media to be Fined for Offending Election Candidates
Bulgarian media could be fined if they offend the morality, honor and good name of election candidates.
The proposal was discussed and approved by the interim parliamentary committee on the new Election Code, the daily Dnevnik reported.
The fine for first offense will be between BGN 5,000 and 10,000 and for second – 10,000 and 20,000.
The current Code provides that the offending media must only publish a retraction.
The definition of "morality, honor and good name" in the new text is vague, but MPs argued that it also includes any unproven claims and information.
- » Interior Minister Notes 2.5-Fold Increase of Migratory Flow Through Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Ataka Party Protests over Downing of Russian Warplane by Turkey
- » IntMin: Bulgaria Is Not Directly Threatened by Russia-Turkey Tensions
- » Bulgaria Govt to Spend BGN 1 M on Electric Cars for Civil Servants
- » Bulgaria's Cultural Sector Workers to Protest Against Insufficient Funding
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 24 Illegal Migrants Near Pazardzhik
Ha ha ha, this is too funny, "morality, honour, good name and reputation".
BTW, MM aka Rocky Raccoon looks like she forgot to take off her "pole dancing" makeup.