EP Urges Further Rights for EU Airline Passengers
Airline passengers in the European Union should be granted further rights, the bloc's parliament has demanded.
The parliament set out its position on passenger rights reforms, which now have to be negotiated with EU governments.
Changes are not expected to come into force until late 2014 or early 2015, said lawmaker Georges Bach, who is spearheading the initiative.
The European Parliament would like to see enhanced compensation for flight delays and clearer definitions of the extraordinary circumstances that preclude compensation, along with the abolition of one-handbag rules and lost return flights for no-show passengers.
- » Global Times: Thousands of Greek Businesses Flee to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Ranks 22nd in World Wine Production
- » Railway Forum 2016 Held in Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Debt At BGN 23.048 B
- » First Sections of North Stream 2 To Be Ready in November
- » Bulgaria MPs Set Up Committee to Investigate Fuels Market, Bobov Dol Mine