Bulgaria's Medal Hopes Low as Sochi Games Get Underway
Bulgarian pundits have low expectations for the country’s athletes, as the 2014 Winter Olympics are to officially open in Sochi on Friday.
A total of 18 Bulgarian athletes will compete in the Games, with snowboarder Aleksandra Jekova believed to be the country’s biggest hope for a medial.
Former biathlete Ekaterina Dafovska, the only Bulgarian to have ever won a Winter Olympics gold medal, told reporters on Thursday that Bulgarians should "lower their expectations” ahead of Sochi 2014.
HERE is a brief introduction of the men and women who will proudly wear the national colors of Bulgaria in the biggest winter sporting event.
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet lalova-Collio Comes 7th in 200m World Final
- » Serie A Newcomer Signs Bulgarian Winger Aleksandar Tonev
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet Lalova-Collio Books Spot in Women’s 200m Final in Beijing
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Remains Undefeated in St. Louis
- » Bulgaria’s Lalova-Collio Qualifies for Women’s 200m Semi-finals in Bejing
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Retains Leadership in St. Louis