Bulgaria's Medal Hopes Low as Sochi Games Get Underway
Bulgarian pundits have low expectations for the country’s athletes, as the 2014 Winter Olympics are to officially open in Sochi on Friday.
A total of 18 Bulgarian athletes will compete in the Games, with snowboarder Aleksandra Jekova believed to be the country’s biggest hope for a medial.
Former biathlete Ekaterina Dafovska, the only Bulgarian to have ever won a Winter Olympics gold medal, told reporters on Thursday that Bulgarians should "lower their expectations” ahead of Sochi 2014.
HERE is a brief introduction of the men and women who will proudly wear the national colors of Bulgaria in the biggest winter sporting event.
- » Hard win for Bulgarian volleyball team after five-set battle
- » Expected loss for Bulgaria from Brazil
- » World Famous Footballers Arrive in Sofia for All Stars 2017 Charity Match
- » Bulgaria Scores Prestigious Victory Against Olympix Champion Brazil in World Volleyball League
- » Bulgarian Children Who Overcame Cancer Won 17 Medals at Athletic Event in Moscow
- » Ivet Lalova-Collio Places 4th in Marseilles