Bulgaria's Medal Hopes Low as Sochi Games Get Underway
Bulgarian pundits have low expectations for the country’s athletes, as the 2014 Winter Olympics are to officially open in Sochi on Friday.
A total of 18 Bulgarian athletes will compete in the Games, with snowboarder Aleksandra Jekova believed to be the country’s biggest hope for a medial.
Former biathlete Ekaterina Dafovska, the only Bulgarian to have ever won a Winter Olympics gold medal, told reporters on Thursday that Bulgarians should "lower their expectations” ahead of Sochi 2014.
HERE is a brief introduction of the men and women who will proudly wear the national colors of Bulgaria in the biggest winter sporting event.
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Signs Captain of Romanian Football Champion
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Proceeds to Third Round of Wimbledon
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Defeated in First Round of Wimbledon
- » Draw Confirms Exclusion of CSKA, Lokomotiv Sofia from Bulgaria's A Group
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Starts Wimbledon with Convincing Win against Delbonis
- » Bulgaria Finishes 27th at First European Games after Claiming Ten Medals