Bulgaria's Medal Hopes Low as Sochi Games Get Underway
Bulgarian pundits have low expectations for the country’s athletes, as the 2014 Winter Olympics are to officially open in Sochi on Friday.
A total of 18 Bulgarian athletes will compete in the Games, with snowboarder Aleksandra Jekova believed to be the country’s biggest hope for a medial.
Former biathlete Ekaterina Dafovska, the only Bulgarian to have ever won a Winter Olympics gold medal, told reporters on Thursday that Bulgarians should "lower their expectations” ahead of Sochi 2014.
HERE is a brief introduction of the men and women who will proudly wear the national colors of Bulgaria in the biggest winter sporting event.
- » Legendary Martin Petrov to Retire in Summer
- » Ferrer Eliminates Dimitrov from Monte Carlo Masters
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov to Face Third Consecutive Spaniard
- » Bulgaria Bids to Host Homeless World Cup 2016
- » Difficult, But Successful Start for Dimitrov in Monte Carlo
- » Georgi Mladenov Becomes Bulgaria’s National Basketball Coach