Bulgaria's Medal Hopes Low as Sochi Games Get Underway
Bulgarian pundits have low expectations for the country’s athletes, as the 2014 Winter Olympics are to officially open in Sochi on Friday.
A total of 18 Bulgarian athletes will compete in the Games, with snowboarder Aleksandra Jekova believed to be the country’s biggest hope for a medial.
Former biathlete Ekaterina Dafovska, the only Bulgarian to have ever won a Winter Olympics gold medal, told reporters on Thursday that Bulgarians should "lower their expectations” ahead of Sochi 2014.
HERE is a brief introduction of the men and women who will proudly wear the national colors of Bulgaria in the biggest winter sporting event.
- » CSKA Sofia Claims Bulgarian Cup in Historic Final
- » Two Bulgarian Mountaineers Ascend World's Fifth Highest Peak
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Remains Sole Bulgarian Representative at Roland Garros
- » Tennis: Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face Serbia's Troicki in Postponed Match in Paris Monday
- » Tennis: Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Faces Serbia’s Troicki in Paris Sunday
- » Poll Names Bulgaria's Dimitrov 'Most Overrated Tennis Player'