Bulgarians Consume EU Finest Foods - Deputy Agriculture Min
Bulgarians consume some of the finest food products in the EU, said Deputy Minister of Agriculture Yavor Getchev at the opening of a forum near the city of Varna.
Livestock, vegetables, perennials and the establishment of processing plants will be among Bulgarian agriculture priorities in the next programming period, Minister of Agriculture Dimitar Grekov announced.
“Over 80% of fruit and vegetables consumed in Bulgaria are imported, the same goes for the meat market,“ said the chairman of the Bulgarian Association of Agricultural Producers (BAAP) and former Minister of Agriculture Ventsislav Varbanov.
The association stated its position on the allocation of funds in the next programming period. Their demands include the application of measures concerning farm animal welfare through incentives for investors, as well as the construction of grain processing plants.
Currently Bulgaria is an exporter of cheap raw materials, according to Varbanov.
Some 500 attendees will take part in the three-day long Agricultural Producers Forum in Bulgaria's Golden Sands resort.
- » Power Distributors in Bulgaria Seek 8% - 20% Increase in Prices of Electricity
- » Industrial Production in Bulgaria Down 1.5% MoM in February
- » The Most Active Home Building Process in Sofia is in "Vitosha" District
- » Skopje Invests EUR 270 Million in 800 km of Roads
- » Financial Problems for 1/3 of the Construction Companies in Bulgaria
- » 10 Candidates Want to Make the Pipes For the Bulgaria - Greece Interconnector