Bulgarian Police Vow to Finally Tackle Common Crime
Bulgaria's Interior Ministry announced that police and gendarmerie will be redirected to locations in the country where common crime is highest.
The news was reported Thursday by the Chief Secretary of the Interior Ministry, Chief Commissar, Svetlozar Lazarov.
These locations are mainly villages and small towns.
The action is to start Monday at 8 am in 15 regions plagued by common crime. The crime rate is the highest in the regions of Vidin, Vratsa, Montana, Pleven and Sofia Region.
The gendarmerie teams will be joined by traffic police units. Police officers who were recently sent to the Bulgarian-Turkish border to help border police prevent the illegal immigrants' influx will be also relocated. The fuel limit for police cruisers in the designated regions will be increased
Also on Monday, police employees will start regular meetings with local authorities in the said regions.
- » 2 Masked Men Rob Bank Office in Bulgaria's Yambol
- » Armed Man Plunders Gas Station in Bulgaria's Sofia City
- » Bulgaria Police Uncover Tax Fraud Worth over BGN 30 M
- » Bulgaria's Dogan Attacker Sentenced to 3.6 Years in Jail
- » Bulgaria's Notorious SAPARD Fraud Case Misfires Again
- » English Chelsea Fans Stabbed in Istanbul Clashes