Gay Norway Minister to Bring Husband to Sochi
Norway's most high-profile gay politician said he plans to bring his husband to the Paralympics despite the controversy over gay rights in Russia.
Health Minister Bent Hoie said Monday he would bring husband Dag Terje Solvang, a senior advertising executive, to Sochi when he attends the Paralympics as Norway's government representative in mid-March.
"It's natural to take Dag Terje along when attending this type of event," he told TheLocal.no. "That said, everyone understands what two men who are married think about gay rights."
The Paralympics will be held in Sochi after the main Games.
Gay activists say the "homosexual propaganda law", signed by Putin last year, has caused a rise of homophobia and hate crimes against gays, casting a shadow over the -billion Games.
- » Doping Scandal in the Champions League
- » The President of South Korea Promised a Secure Winter Olympics
- » Dimitar Berbatov is Preparing to Become BFU Chief or Minister
- » Wayne Rooney Pleaded Guilty, Remains 2 Years Without a Driving License
- » Victoria Tomova is Bulgaria's New Best in Tennis for Women
- » Barcelona President: Messi Already Signed a New Contract
Brilliant, brilliant, sure, brilliant diversion! How Tsar Vova doesn't see that the "husband Dag" is a secret weapon,
a super doping which will ensure the additional Olympic golds to Norway! Just imagine: a Norwegian skier is warming up at the start position, he sighs deeply, he rubs his poles....and suddenly "husband Dag" appears behind and, also, signs more and more deeply and, also, fiercely rubs his only one, but utmost menacing, "pole"...On marks-get set-ready-GO!....and poor Norwegian skier darts off from the starting position like a mad.....and, sure,
Olympic gold goes to him!..............Not fair play, Norway ;-)