EC Denies Alleged Ultimatum on US Visas for Bulgarians
The European Commission (EC) denied the media reports on the planned introduction of visas for US citizens, unless the US lifted the visas for the citizens of several EU states.
Michele Cercone, spokesperson of the European Commissioner Cecilia Malmstrom said that by February 9 the EU member states can inform the EC on the lack of reciprocity in the US visa policies.
"We are trying to achieve an efficient solution of the problem to the best of our abilities", Cercone said. "But if you're asking if the EC will automatically and immediately introduce a visa regime for the US citizens, the answer is no."
Earlier this week the EurActiv website reported that the EC has warned the US of the potential introduction of visas for US diplomats, unless the US didn't lift visas for citizens of Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Poland and Romania.
- » Bulgaria is Among the EU Countries with the Highest Number of Old Aircraft
- » Kristalina Georgieva: I Expect Bulgaria to Enter the Eurozone Waiting Room Next Year
- » Bulgarian PM: EU integration of the Western Balkans Would be Among the Priorities of the Bulgarian Presidency of the EU
- » Maria Gabriel: An Expert Group at European Level will Make a Common Definition of the Issue of False News
- » Minister Pavlova: Bulgaria is Completely Ready for its EU Presidency
- » Bulgarian PM: Dialogue is the Only Solution For Stability in the Former Soviet Space