Bulgaria's OP Environment to Launch Water Management Center
A real-time National Water Management Center will be established under Bulgaria's Operational Program "Environment" 2014-2020.
The center will provide short, medium and long term prognosis of water resource perspectives as well as risk assessment of floods and droughts.
The establishment of the Water Management Center will be done in three stages, Spiridon Aleksandrov of OP Environment Managing Authority told Bulgarian News Agency.
The needs of the sectors which will be covered by the OP Environment are thoroughly analyzed, Aleksandrov explained. The available resource of EUR 1.271 B under the Environment OP is not sufficient to meet those needs, the expert argued.
The monitoring of surface water quantity requires the construction of 130 new hydrological stations, 280 rain gauges and 80 snow gauges.
- » Earthquake near Bushehr NPP in Iran
- » A Volcano Erupted in Japan
- » CNN: More than 95% of World's Population Breathing Unhealthy Air
- » Sunny Weather Тоday in Bulgaria, Possible Rain Mostly in the Mountain Regions
- » Two killed, more than 20 Injured in an Earthquake in Indonesia
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Maximum Temperatures Between 20°C and 25°C