Bulgaria's OP Environment to Launch Water Management Center
A real-time National Water Management Center will be established under Bulgaria's Operational Program "Environment" 2014-2020.
The center will provide short, medium and long term prognosis of water resource perspectives as well as risk assessment of floods and droughts.
The establishment of the Water Management Center will be done in three stages, Spiridon Aleksandrov of OP Environment Managing Authority told Bulgarian News Agency.
The needs of the sectors which will be covered by the OP Environment are thoroughly analyzed, Aleksandrov explained. The available resource of EUR 1.271 B under the Environment OP is not sufficient to meet those needs, the expert argued.
The monitoring of surface water quantity requires the construction of 130 new hydrological stations, 280 rain gauges and 80 snow gauges.
- » Bulgarian Village of Belozem Declares State of Emergency
- » Bulgarian Authorities Issue Red Code Over Heavy Rain, Strong Winds in Burgas
- » 15 Districts in Bulgaria under ‘Code Yellow’ Weather Alert over Heavy Rain
- » Last Circus Lions in Bulgaria Leave for South Africa
- » Bulgaria Orders Montupet to Halt Aluminium Casting Unit over Suspected Air Pollution
- » Sofia’s MBT Waste Processing Plant to Start Operating Monday