Bulgaria Defeats Portugal in Final Match at Fed Cup
Bulgarian Victoria Tomova and Isabella Shinikova defeated the Portuguese Luz and Murta in the last match of the first group of the Fed Cup Tournament in Budapest.
Despite the victory, Bulgaria lost two out of the three matches against Portugal.
Tomova and Shinikova won the last match with 6:2, 7:5 at the Syma Sports Center in the Hungarian capital city, Tuesday.
The Europe/Africa Zone of Fed Cup tournament was Tomova's debut for Bulgaria's national team. The European champion is the 35th Bulgarian female tennis player to participate in the tournament.
Earlier in January, Bulgaria's top female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova and Dia Evtimova dropped out of the national team for the 2014 Fed Cup tournament due to injuries.
Bulgaria's national team has been put in group D in Budapest, together with the teams of Belarus, Portugal and Turkey.
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Suffers Heavy Defeat in Monte Carlo
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Overwhelmingly Defeats Wawrinka in Monte Carlo
- » Bulgarian Elected as Vice President of European Athletics
- » Bulgaria Climbs Four Positions in FIFA World Ranking
- » Bulgarian Olympic Committee Adopts BGN 3.45 M Budget for 2015
- » CSKA Sofia Has New Owner after Aleksandar Tomov Withdraws