Turkish FM Postponed Bulgaria Visit Due to Sochi Ceremony
Turkey's Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu cancelled his visit to Bulgaria because he will be attending the Winter Olympic Games opening ceremony on Friday in Sochi.
Davutoglu will be accompanying Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Erdogan. According to a spokesperson of the Foreign Ministry, the consultations with Sofia on rescheduling Davutoglu's visit continue.
The ministry dispelled the speculations in Turkish media that the foreign minister has cancelled his planned visit to Bulgaria because he could not meet Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev.
Meanwhile some of the Bulgarian media speculated, that the actual reason were the truck traffic disputes between the two countries.
President Plevneliev said on Wednesday that scheduling conflicts made it impossible to meet Davutoglu in the desired period.
- » Bulgarian PM Calls on World Leaders to Solve Refugee Crisis
- » Bulgaria’s Tsetska Tsacheva To Participate in 4th World Conference of Speakers of Parliament
- » Troops Sent to Help Patrol Bulgaria-Macedonia Border Only Have Monitoring Functions
- » Bulgaria Lacks Progress in Fight against Corruption – US Interim Chargé d'Affaires
- » Deputy PM Kuneva to Discuss Bulgaria’s Bid to Join Schengen on Finland Visit
- » Bulgarian FM: Relations with Russia Are Not in Such Bad Shape