Turkish FM Postponed Bulgaria Visit Due to Sochi Ceremony
Turkey's Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu cancelled his visit to Bulgaria because he will be attending the Winter Olympic Games opening ceremony on Friday in Sochi.
Davutoglu will be accompanying Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Erdogan. According to a spokesperson of the Foreign Ministry, the consultations with Sofia on rescheduling Davutoglu's visit continue.
The ministry dispelled the speculations in Turkish media that the foreign minister has cancelled his planned visit to Bulgaria because he could not meet Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev.
Meanwhile some of the Bulgarian media speculated, that the actual reason were the truck traffic disputes between the two countries.
President Plevneliev said on Wednesday that scheduling conflicts made it impossible to meet Davutoglu in the desired period.
- » Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva: Common history must bring together two countries, not divide them
- » Trump meets Ukraine's president, U.S. adds to Russia sanctions
- » Deputy PM Valeri Simeonov: It is better to have dialogue with Turkey
- » Prof. Anna Krasteva: Brexit manages to consolidate pro-European attitudes and reduce Euroscepticism
- » Ukrainian President Will Meet Trump on Tuesday
- » Turkey, EU to Discuss Joint Steps Against Terror