Turkish FM Postponed Bulgaria Visit Due to Sochi Ceremony
Turkey's Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu cancelled his visit to Bulgaria because he will be attending the Winter Olympic Games opening ceremony on Friday in Sochi.
Davutoglu will be accompanying Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Erdogan. According to a spokesperson of the Foreign Ministry, the consultations with Sofia on rescheduling Davutoglu's visit continue.
The ministry dispelled the speculations in Turkish media that the foreign minister has cancelled his planned visit to Bulgaria because he could not meet Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev.
Meanwhile some of the Bulgarian media speculated, that the actual reason were the truck traffic disputes between the two countries.
President Plevneliev said on Wednesday that scheduling conflicts made it impossible to meet Davutoglu in the desired period.
- » Turkey's Erdogan To Meet Trump at White House in Mid-May
- » Ministry of Interior: There is an Increased Risk of Terrorist Activity in Europe, but No Specific Treat to Bulgaria
- » Turkey: EU Criticisms Have No Value for Us
- » EU, NATO Warn Turkey Against Escalation of Tension
- » Bulgarian MEP, French Ambassador in Spat over Remarks
- » Bulgaria's Election Body Bans Campaign Video Showing Turkish Ambassador