48-Year-Old Bulgarian Arrested in Greece over Baby Trafficking
A 48-year-old Bulgarian national was arrested in Greece's Larissa on charges of baby trafficking.
The European Arrest Warrant (EAW) was issued by Bulgarian authorities, according to reports of the Struma newspaper.
The Bulgarian national was identified on Tuesday afternoon in Tyrnavos, Larissa, and was arrested on Wednesday morning.
Police officers got in touch with the members of the crime ring, pretending to be clients seeking to adopt a baby who had been born ten days ago in Volos.
- » Two Ex Court Chairs, 6 Others Charged over Irregularities in EU-Funded Project
- » Russian Consulate in Bulgaria to Assist in 'Suitcase Murder' Probe
- » Bulgarian Police Arrest 13 Customs Officers
- » Seven Arrested in Bulgaria’s Pazardzhik, Plovdiv for Preaching Radical Islam on Facebook
- » Bulgarian Living in US Detained over Death Threats on EU Officials
- » Ex Svilengrad Customs Office Chief Released on Bail