48-Year-Old Bulgarian Arrested in Greece over Baby Trafficking
A 48-year-old Bulgarian national was arrested in Greece's Larissa on charges of baby trafficking.
The European Arrest Warrant (EAW) was issued by Bulgarian authorities, according to reports of the Struma newspaper.
The Bulgarian national was identified on Tuesday afternoon in Tyrnavos, Larissa, and was arrested on Wednesday morning.
Police officers got in touch with the members of the crime ring, pretending to be clients seeking to adopt a baby who had been born ten days ago in Volos.
- » Bulgaria Govt Confirms Arrest of French National en Route to Turkey
- » French National Detained in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Interior Ministry Reports Successful Operation Against Cigarette Smugglers
- » Sarafovo Attack: Bulgarian Court Fails to Launch Trial
- » Bulgarian-Australian National Detained over Terrorism 'Sympathized with IS'
- » Syrian Man Shot Near Central Sofia 'Involved in People Smuggling'