48-Year-Old Bulgarian Arrested in Greece over Baby Trafficking
A 48-year-old Bulgarian national was arrested in Greece's Larissa on charges of baby trafficking.
The European Arrest Warrant (EAW) was issued by Bulgarian authorities, according to reports of the Struma newspaper.
The Bulgarian national was identified on Tuesday afternoon in Tyrnavos, Larissa, and was arrested on Wednesday morning.
Police officers got in touch with the members of the crime ring, pretending to be clients seeking to adopt a baby who had been born ten days ago in Volos.
- » Prosecuting Authority Resubmits Indictment against ex-Deputy Parliament Speaker Hristo Biserov
- » Austrian Police Find 42 Migrants Crammed into Bulgarian-registered Van
- » Head of Bulgaria’s National Science Fund Arrested on Suspicion of Murder
- » Bulgarian Prosecutors Extend Deadline for Investigation of 2012 Burgas Bus Bombing
- » Anti-Mafia Unit of Bulgaria’s Interior Ministry Neutralized 17 Crime Groups since February 24
- » Bulgaria Detains Syrian, Afghan Citizens Citing Security Threat