Bulgarian Deputy PM: Govt Must Support Innovation
The small and medium business in Bulgaria needs the support of the government and society, believes the Deputy Prime Minister Daniela Bobeva.
"Often, governments are too involved with the big corporations, while the small and medium businesses are left to survive on their own", Bobeva said during the 17th Eurasian Economic Forum in Istanbul.
The main theme of the forum this year was sustainable development and local government.
The Deputy PM stressed that innovations must be stimulated, through strict anti-monopoly laws, protection of competitiveness of the market, and low startup taxes.
Bobeva believes that the macroeconomic factors in Bulgaria are favorable, with one of the lowest public debts and budget deficit in the EU. However, she points out the high unemployment rate and the discrepancy between education and the labor market as worrying tendencies.
- » Bulgaria’s National Electric Company Reports BGN 425M Loss in end-Sept
- » 3 Big Outsourcing Firms to Open Offices in Plovdiv Within Months
- » Bulgaria-Macedonia Rail Line to Start Functioning in 2022
- » Flydubai Airline To Fly Between Sofia and Dubai
- » Construction of 2 New Bulgaria-Romania Bridges to Start by 2017
- » GERB Withdraws Proposal to Save KTB Through Legal Changes