Bulgarian Deputy PM: Govt Must Support Innovation
The small and medium business in Bulgaria needs the support of the government and society, believes the Deputy Prime Minister Daniela Bobeva.
"Often, governments are too involved with the big corporations, while the small and medium businesses are left to survive on their own", Bobeva said during the 17th Eurasian Economic Forum in Istanbul.
The main theme of the forum this year was sustainable development and local government.
The Deputy PM stressed that innovations must be stimulated, through strict anti-monopoly laws, protection of competitiveness of the market, and low startup taxes.
Bobeva believes that the macroeconomic factors in Bulgaria are favorable, with one of the lowest public debts and budget deficit in the EU. However, she points out the high unemployment rate and the discrepancy between education and the labor market as worrying tendencies.
- » Dimitar Margaritov, CPC: Dropping of Roaming Should not Affect Tariffs of Mobile Operators
- » Total Turnover Index in Transportation and Storage Sector up 2.4% in Q1 2017
- » aleri Simeonov to be Chairman of the National Council for Cooperation on Ethnic and Integration Issues
- » 5km Long Queue of Trucks Formed at the Exit of Kapitan Andreevo Border Checkpoint
- » International Monetary Fund: ‘Bulgaria Needs Further Banking Supervision Strengthening’
- » The Importance of Gerontology Today and in the Future