Bulgarian Deputy PM: Govt Must Support Innovation
The small and medium business in Bulgaria needs the support of the government and society, believes the Deputy Prime Minister Daniela Bobeva.
"Often, governments are too involved with the big corporations, while the small and medium businesses are left to survive on their own", Bobeva said during the 17th Eurasian Economic Forum in Istanbul.
The main theme of the forum this year was sustainable development and local government.
The Deputy PM stressed that innovations must be stimulated, through strict anti-monopoly laws, protection of competitiveness of the market, and low startup taxes.
Bobeva believes that the macroeconomic factors in Bulgaria are favorable, with one of the lowest public debts and budget deficit in the EU. However, she points out the high unemployment rate and the discrepancy between education and the labor market as worrying tendencies.
- » Bulgaria Ranks 22nd in World Wine Production
- » Railway Forum 2016 Held in Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Debt At BGN 23.048 B
- » First Sections of North Stream 2 To Be Ready in November
- » Bulgaria MPs Set Up Committee to Investigate Fuels Market, Bobov Dol Mine
- » Tax Declarations To Be Filed Electronically Only As Of 2017