Sofia Municipal Council to Vote on 2014 Budget of BGN 1.421 B
The Sofia Municipal Council is to approve the budget of the municipal administration for 2014 amounting to BGN 1.421 B.
The 2014 budget of the Sofia Municipality has been increased by BGN 230 M from 2013 due to a number of EU-funded projects.
Among the projects using EU funding are the supply of new subway cars for the subway stations which are being built, new buses, trolleybuses and trams, according to dnevnik.bg.
The budget also includes a part of the loan which the Sofia Municipality received from the European Investment Bank (EIB) to carry out repairs of streets and sidewalks in the next 2-3 years.
The capital program amounts to nearly BGN 700 M, up by 30% from 2013, the priority spheres being infrastructure, transport, ecology and education.
Representatives of the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) declared Wednesday that they would not back the project because they opposed the distribution of resources.
Center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria), however, argued that the record budget amounting to over BGN 1.4 B was a budget denoting the EU's trust in Sofia.
Right-wing party the Blue Coalition demanded that Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova make certain commitments in exchange for their support for the 2014 budget of the Sofia Municipality.
- » The EC Lawsuit Against Bulgaria Ends with a Ban on New Constructions in Kaliakra
- » Prosecutor General Tsatsarov Moves to Lift Immunity of GERB MP Zhivko Matinov
- » Bulgarian Minister of Justice: 'A New Prison to be Built in Kremikovtzi'
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party to Ask the Specialised Prosecutor’s Office to Publish a List of Politicians Funded by KTB
- » The Swedish Tourist who Attacked a Hotel Worker in Sunny Beach has been Released from Custody
- » Customs officers Found over 260 Liters of Illegally Produced Alcohol from an Internet Ad