Bulgarian Flag Raised in Sochi Olympic Village
Bulgaria's national flag was raised at an official ceremony in the Olympic village in Russian resort town of Sochi.
The Bulgarian flag for the 2014 Winter Olympics was planted in the Mountain Village, near the Sochi snowboard and alpine ski zones.
The ceremony was hosted by Olympic village vice-mayor, Russian veteran star gymnast, winner of 4 Olympic gold medals Alexei Nemov, reports the Bulgarian Olympic Committee.
Official guards carried in the Bulgarian flag and raised it under the sounds of the Bulgarian national anthem, after which the 18-strong Bulgarian athlete team was presented with gifts by the hosts.
Flag ceremonies for Dominica and Latvia followed.
The Bulgarian athletes, who have already started their last trainings before the Olympics, have expressed their excitement at conditions and organization on ground in the Olympic village.
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets To Face Liverpool, Real Madrid and Bazel
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Scores US Open 1st Round Win against American Ryan Harrison
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Reaches UEFA Champions League Group Stage
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Starts US Open With Victory
- » Boxing Match Kubrat Pulev – Wladimir Klitschko Is Postponed
- » Guinness Record Holder to Run Bulgaria's Persenk Ultramarathon 2014