Bulgarian Flag Raised in Sochi Olympic Village
Bulgaria's national flag was raised at an official ceremony in the Olympic village in Russian resort town of Sochi.
The Bulgarian flag for the 2014 Winter Olympics was planted in the Mountain Village, near the Sochi snowboard and alpine ski zones.
The ceremony was hosted by Olympic village vice-mayor, Russian veteran star gymnast, winner of 4 Olympic gold medals Alexei Nemov, reports the Bulgarian Olympic Committee.
Official guards carried in the Bulgarian flag and raised it under the sounds of the Bulgarian national anthem, after which the 18-strong Bulgarian athlete team was presented with gifts by the hosts.
Flag ceremonies for Dominica and Latvia followed.
The Bulgarian athletes, who have already started their last trainings before the Olympics, have expressed their excitement at conditions and organization on ground in the Olympic village.
- » Greek PAOK Signs Bulgarian Striker Dimitar Berbatov
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Australia's Ebden to Progress to 2nd Round of US Open
- » Bulgarian Mountain Runner Sets New Record on Completing Kom-Emine Hike
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet lalova-Collio Comes 7th in 200m World Final
- » Serie A Newcomer Signs Bulgarian Winger Aleksandar Tonev
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet Lalova-Collio Books Spot in Women’s 200m Final in Beijing