Bulgarian Flag Raised in Sochi Olympic Village
Bulgaria's national flag was raised at an official ceremony in the Olympic village in Russian resort town of Sochi.
The Bulgarian flag for the 2014 Winter Olympics was planted in the Mountain Village, near the Sochi snowboard and alpine ski zones.
The ceremony was hosted by Olympic village vice-mayor, Russian veteran star gymnast, winner of 4 Olympic gold medals Alexei Nemov, reports the Bulgarian Olympic Committee.
Official guards carried in the Bulgarian flag and raised it under the sounds of the Bulgarian national anthem, after which the 18-strong Bulgarian athlete team was presented with gifts by the hosts.
Flag ceremonies for Dominica and Latvia followed.
The Bulgarian athletes, who have already started their last trainings before the Olympics, have expressed their excitement at conditions and organization on ground in the Olympic village.
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Reaches Her First 1/8 Final at Roland Garros
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova to Face Sloane Stephens in 3rd Round of Roland Garros
- » Bulgaria’s Tsvetana Pironkova Proceeds to Third Round of Roland Garros
- » CSKA Sofia Claims Bulgarian Cup in Historic Final
- » Two Bulgarian Mountaineers Ascend World's Fifth Highest Peak
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Remains Sole Bulgarian Representative at Roland Garros