Martenitsa Exhibition Taking Place in Sofia's Ethnographic Museum
Bulgaria's National Ethnographic Museum in Sofia is hosting an exhibition of the traditional Bulgarian good health charm "martenitsa".
It features the works of the Cooperative of Folk Crafts Masters and shows traditional martenitsas from various parts of Bulgaria and own unique models of the masters.
During the exhibition, which will continue through March 8, there will be workshops where the handier visitors could make their own martenitsas.
There will also be a martenitsa market where the visitors can buy the red-and-white charms, traditionally given to family and friends on March 1.
- » 'I Lived 152 Lives,' Claudia Cardinale Says in Bulgaria's Sofia
- » Bulgarian Trumpeter Mihail Yossifov to Join Pink Martini at Sofia Concert
- » Bulgaria's Golden Rose Festival Starts Official Program
- » Twice Upon a Time in the West: Cardinale's First-Ever Role as Self
- » Wooden Sculptures Attract the Attention of the Tourists in the Open-Air Museum “Etar”
- » Bulgaria Unveils 2015 Junior Eurovision Anthem