Bulgarian National Television Starts HD Broadcasts for Sochi 2014
Bulgaria's public broadcaster BNT will launch a high definition (HD) broadcast for the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi.
The launching of the channel has been postponed several times due to money shortages. The initial plans were for the HD channel to broadcast a compilation of the programs of the other three BNT channels, but due to this year's cut in the television's budget, BNT HD will broadcast the program of BNT 1.
Both BNT 1 and BNT HD will offer more than 250 hours of production, covering the Olympic Games, with an emphasis on the Bulgarian athletes.
BNT HD will be available to all cable and satellite operators and is included in the free DTT packages.
- » 61% of Bulgarians Have Not Heard of Armenian Genocide in Ottoman Empire
- » Hundreds Protest, Demand Resignation of Bulgarian Culture Minister
- » EU Grant Sponsors Restoration of Bulgaria's Perperikon
- » Sentimental Swingers to Present New Album in Sofia
- » Ros Rossin's Portrait of Maya Angelou Featured on US Postage Stamp
- » Cities Across Bulgaria-Turkey Border at Odds over Park Name