Dagestan Police Kill Suspected Volgograd Blast ‘Mastermind’
Authorities in the autonomous Russian republic of Dagestan report to have killed a suspected mastermind of the Volgograd bombings.
The militant was identified as leader of the "Kadarskaya" gang Mirzayev, a Dagestani law-enforcement source told Itar-Tass on Wednesday.
The operation was conducted in the city of Izberbash. One of the militant's accomplices surrendered, while the rest opened fire, and were killed in the shootout.
Last week, Russian police reported to have detained 2 brothers from Dagestan on suspicion of being involved in assisting the suicide bombers.
In consecutive attacks on a trolleybus and a train station in Volgograd in December, 34 people were killed and about 100 injured.
- » Hungary Proposes to Send Police to Help Serbia Guard Borders against Migrants
- » Italy Issues State of Emergency Over Catastrophic Earthquake
- » Victims of the Catastrophic Earthquake in Italy reach 240
- » Turkey to Open Third Bridge across Bosphorus Friday
- » Terror Attack on American University of Afghanistan Leaves at least 10 Dead
- » Serbian Hunter Suspected of Shooting Afghan Migrant Dead near Pirot