Dagestan Police Kill Suspected Volgograd Blast ‘Mastermind’
Authorities in the autonomous Russian republic of Dagestan report to have killed a suspected mastermind of the Volgograd bombings.
The militant was identified as leader of the "Kadarskaya" gang Mirzayev, a Dagestani law-enforcement source told Itar-Tass on Wednesday.
The operation was conducted in the city of Izberbash. One of the militant's accomplices surrendered, while the rest opened fire, and were killed in the shootout.
Last week, Russian police reported to have detained 2 brothers from Dagestan on suspicion of being involved in assisting the suicide bombers.
In consecutive attacks on a trolleybus and a train station in Volgograd in December, 34 people were killed and about 100 injured.
- » An Electronic Cigarette Exploded and Killed a Man in the United States
- » FT: Macron Warns against Hasty EU Enlargement at the Sofia Summit
- » Remarks by President Donald Tusk after the EU-Western Balkans Summit
- » EIB Confirms Support for Western Balkans on the Path towards EU Integration
- » А Visa Agreement between Bulgaria and Algeria
- » How Germany Earns Billions Because of Garbage?