Dagestan Police Kill Suspected Volgograd Blast ‘Mastermind’
Authorities in the autonomous Russian republic of Dagestan report to have killed a suspected mastermind of the Volgograd bombings.
The militant was identified as leader of the "Kadarskaya" gang Mirzayev, a Dagestani law-enforcement source told Itar-Tass on Wednesday.
The operation was conducted in the city of Izberbash. One of the militant's accomplices surrendered, while the rest opened fire, and were killed in the shootout.
Last week, Russian police reported to have detained 2 brothers from Dagestan on suspicion of being involved in assisting the suicide bombers.
In consecutive attacks on a trolleybus and a train station in Volgograd in December, 34 people were killed and about 100 injured.
- » British Police Arrest Man Trying to Force Entry into U.S. Military Base
- » Suspect in Stockholm Truck Attack to Stand Trial in February
- » Albanian Lawmakers Throw Smoke Bombs in Parliament (Video)
- » Ikea's Taxes to be Investigated by European Commission
- » 10 People were Sentenced to Death in China in Front of an Audience
- » Billionaire Returns to Presidency in Chile after "a Short Break"