Dagestan Police Kill Suspected Volgograd Blast ‘Mastermind’
Authorities in the autonomous Russian republic of Dagestan report to have killed a suspected mastermind of the Volgograd bombings.
The militant was identified as leader of the "Kadarskaya" gang Mirzayev, a Dagestani law-enforcement source told Itar-Tass on Wednesday.
The operation was conducted in the city of Izberbash. One of the militant's accomplices surrendered, while the rest opened fire, and were killed in the shootout.
Last week, Russian police reported to have detained 2 brothers from Dagestan on suspicion of being involved in assisting the suicide bombers.
In consecutive attacks on a trolleybus and a train station in Volgograd in December, 34 people were killed and about 100 injured.
- » How Is SYRIZA's Performance Affecting Greek, EU Politics?
- » 'Greece Will Return to Democracy, Social Cohesion, Dignity,' Tsipras Says
- » Ukraine Marks Day of National Mourning after Mariupol Rocket Attacks
- » Greeks Vote in Decisive Early Election
- » Ukraine’s PM Calls for Urgent UN Security Council Meeting over Mariupol Shelling
- » Rocket Fire Kills At Least 15 in Ukraine’s Mariupol, Police Says