Dagestan Police Kill Suspected Volgograd Blast ‘Mastermind’
Authorities in the autonomous Russian republic of Dagestan report to have killed a suspected mastermind of the Volgograd bombings.
The militant was identified as leader of the "Kadarskaya" gang Mirzayev, a Dagestani law-enforcement source told Itar-Tass on Wednesday.
The operation was conducted in the city of Izberbash. One of the militant's accomplices surrendered, while the rest opened fire, and were killed in the shootout.
Last week, Russian police reported to have detained 2 brothers from Dagestan on suspicion of being involved in assisting the suicide bombers.
In consecutive attacks on a trolleybus and a train station in Volgograd in December, 34 people were killed and about 100 injured.
- » China Urges Calm, Restraint in Resolving Crimea
- » Journalists Abducted, Bulgarian TV Crew Harassed in Crimea
- » North Korea's Kim Jong-Un Unanimously Elected To Assembly
- » 'Security Breach' May Have Led to Disappearance of Malaysian Plane
- » Ukrainian TV Channels Banned in Crimea
- » WikiLeaks'Julian Assange Hints at New Leaks