Bulgarian Liberal Leader Threatens to Sue Ex-PM
Bulgarian liberal party Movement for Rights and Freedoms leader Lyutvi Mestan warned he will file a suit against center-right GERB leader and former Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov.
The reason is prior allegations by Borisov that Mestan had illicitly obtained classified information from Bulgaria's intelligence services.
The liberal leader made the announcement from the tribune of the Bulgarian Parliament at a plenary sitting Wednesday, which discussed the unexpected resignation of MRF's Parliament Vice-Speaker Hristo Biserov end of 2013.
Just days after Biserov withdrew, he was charged on several counts of money laundering, which provoked allegations of information leak to the Movement.
"I am aggravated by the allegations of GERB's leader, in which there is slander, not against me, but against institutions - that they leaked information for me. That is why we will see each other in court," exclaimed an emotional Mestan Wednesday.
"I am doing this not because of my honor, but out of respect for the institutions of the democratic Republic of Bulgaria," added he.
During the sitting, MPs decided to create an ad hoc parliamentary committee to investigate circumstances arond Biserov's resignation.
- » Vidin - Calafat Danube Bridge Will be Temporarily Closed
- » No Agreement on Role of Proposed Anticorruption Body
- » About 30% of Children in Refugee Centers go to School
- » BGN 80 Million is the Budget for Road Cleaning during the Winter
- » Bulgaria Media Still Under Political Pressure
- » Residents of the Mladost Quarter of Sofia Protest Because of Lack of Lighting