Strauss Coffee Acquires Amigo in Romania, Bulgaria
Dutch Strauss Coffee has acquired the exclusive rights to Romania's Amigo brand in Romania and Bulgaria.
The price of the deal is USD 20 M, according to a statement on the company's website.
Under the terms of the deal Strauss Coffee takes over from Cia. Iguacu de Café Soluvel the trademarks, the domain names and the exclusive rights to use the "Amigo Formula" in Romania and Bulgaria.
This will grant Strauss Coffee full ownership over the brand in these countries.
Strauss Coffee is active in Romania since 1994 and sells coffee primarily under the "Doncafe" brand (volume market share in coffee in 2012 is estimated at approximately 22%).
"This acquisition further enhances Strauss Coffee's competitive position in the coffee category in Romania as well as in other Central and Eastern European markets," Tomer Harpaz, interim manager of Strauss Coffee commented.
"Strauss Coffee, through Strauss Romania, intends to further develop the "Amigo" brand in the area," he added.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, is a global coffee player with annual sales of over EUR 1 B.
Strauss Coffee operates on the markets in Israel, Brazil, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Russia and Ukraine.
The company produces various coffee products including soluble, Roast and Ground, cappuccino and espresso, and other complementary products.
The company has 14 production sites around the world and employs over 6,000 people.
- » Bulgaria’s Bromak Objects to Judges Due to Rule on Scrapping of KTB’s Licence
- » Metro Extension to Business Park Sofia to Open on 8 May
- » Bulgaria Business Confidence Increases in March
- » Bulgaria’s Vidin Plagued by Week-Long Garbage Crisis
- » Bulgarian Energy Ministry to Review Westinghouse Contract
- » Bulgaria Coalition Partners to Back Ivan Ivanov as Energy Committee Head