Strauss Coffee Acquires Amigo in Romania, Bulgaria
Dutch Strauss Coffee has acquired the exclusive rights to Romania's Amigo brand in Romania and Bulgaria.
The price of the deal is USD 20 M, according to a statement on the company's website.
Under the terms of the deal Strauss Coffee takes over from Cia. Iguacu de Café Soluvel the trademarks, the domain names and the exclusive rights to use the "Amigo Formula" in Romania and Bulgaria.
This will grant Strauss Coffee full ownership over the brand in these countries.
Strauss Coffee is active in Romania since 1994 and sells coffee primarily under the "Doncafe" brand (volume market share in coffee in 2012 is estimated at approximately 22%).
"This acquisition further enhances Strauss Coffee's competitive position in the coffee category in Romania as well as in other Central and Eastern European markets," Tomer Harpaz, interim manager of Strauss Coffee commented.
"Strauss Coffee, through Strauss Romania, intends to further develop the "Amigo" brand in the area," he added.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, is a global coffee player with annual sales of over EUR 1 B.
Strauss Coffee operates on the markets in Israel, Brazil, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Russia and Ukraine.
The company produces various coffee products including soluble, Roast and Ground, cappuccino and espresso, and other complementary products.
The company has 14 production sites around the world and employs over 6,000 people.
- » Bankrupt Fertilizer Plant Chimco AD Fails to Attract Bidders in Second Tender
- » Bulgaria Climbs 4 Places in Survey of Most Popular Global Markets for Retailers in 2015
- » Agriculture Ministry, Tobacco Producers Agree on Distribution of BGN 107 M in Top-up Payments
- » Over 700 000 Germans Visited Bulgaria for Tourism Purposes in 2014 - Minister
- » Bulgarian Fast Food Chain Aladin Foods Sets Foot in Romania
- » Bulgaria’s GDP Increased by 1.7% Year-on-Year in 2014