Two Light Earthquakes Registered Near Sofia, Bulgaria
An earthquake with a magnitude of 3.0 on the Richter scale was registered in Bulgaria Wednesday, announced the European Seismological Center.
The earthquake occurred at 5.54 am local time on Wednesday and the epicenter was 15 km south of the town of Samokov and 58 km south of the capital city Sofia.
The Geophysical Institute of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) has also registered the earthquake and has reported of another earlier jolt with a magnitude of 2.0 on the Richter scale. It occurred at 5.46 am 64 km south of Sofia.
- » Code Yellow Issued in 15 Bulgarian Districts
- » EU Mulls Abandoning Carbon Tax For Intercontinental Flights
- » Bulgaria's Municipalities to Launch Eco Projects Worth BGN 180M
- » Two Light Earthquakes Registered in Bulgaria
- » 4.5 Earthquake Shakes Romania’s Vrancea
- » Bulgarian Environment Minister Praises Controversial Green Policies