Two Light Earthquakes Registered Near Sofia, Bulgaria
An earthquake with a magnitude of 3.0 on the Richter scale was registered in Bulgaria Wednesday, announced the European Seismological Center.
The earthquake occurred at 5.54 am local time on Wednesday and the epicenter was 15 km south of the town of Samokov and 58 km south of the capital city Sofia.
The Geophysical Institute of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) has also registered the earthquake and has reported of another earlier jolt with a magnitude of 2.0 on the Richter scale. It occurred at 5.46 am 64 km south of Sofia.
- » Minor 2.9-Magnitude Earthquake Registered West of Bulgaria's Smolyan
- » WWF Launches River Conservation Campaign in Bulgaria
- » Minor 2.4-Magnitude Earthquake Reported in Southern Bulgaria
- » Brightest Supermoon in 2 Decades to Be Observed Sunday
- » Code Yellow Warning Issued for Wednesday
- » Flood Death Toll in NW Bulgaria Climbs to 2