Two Light Earthquakes Registered Near Sofia, Bulgaria
An earthquake with a magnitude of 3.0 on the Richter scale was registered in Bulgaria Wednesday, announced the European Seismological Center.
The earthquake occurred at 5.54 am local time on Wednesday and the epicenter was 15 km south of the town of Samokov and 58 km south of the capital city Sofia.
The Geophysical Institute of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) has also registered the earthquake and has reported of another earlier jolt with a magnitude of 2.0 on the Richter scale. It occurred at 5.46 am 64 km south of Sofia.
- » Thunderstorms, Hail Expected in Western Bulgaria on Monday
- » Bulgaria at risk of losing more money in EU-funded eco projects
- » Temperatures Sharply Go Down across Bulgaria on Friday
- » Wildfire Danger Extends to 16 Bulgarian Regions on Thursday
- » Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms to Hit Bulgaria on Thursday, Friday
- » Half of Bulgaria Under Highest Fire Danger Alert on Tuesday