Bulgarian Teen Crowned Canada Junior Weightlifting Champ
A fourteen-year-old Bulgarian has become Canada's junior weightlifting champion.
Nikolay Alexandrov, son of Bulgaria's three-time world and three-time European weightlifting champion, and bronze holder from the Seoul Olympics, Alexander Varbanov, grabbed the gold in the 56 kg category.
Alexandrov lives in Toronto and competes for the Ontario team.
bTV reported that the young Bulgarian scored double success as he not only won national gold, but has broken records botin in Ontario's junior and male weightlifting that have not been changed in the last 21 years.
Alexandrov has lifted 87 kg and pushed 110 kg. The previous records were 85 and 107 respectively.
He has qualified for the Canadian weightlifting tournament to be held in May in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
- » Bulgarian Boxers Scoop 4 Gold Titles at Strandzha Tournament
- » Bulgaria's New Rhythmic Gymnastics Ensemble Scoops 1st Title
- » March Honouring Pro-Nazi General Held Despite Sofia Mayor Ban
- » Goffin Defeats Dimitrov in Rotterdam, Ending His Series of Victories
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Denis Istomin at Rotterdam ATP 500 Second Round
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Defeats Mischa Zverev in Rotterdam