Bulgarian Teen Crowned Canada Junior Weightlifting Champ
A fourteen-year-old Bulgarian has become Canada's junior weightlifting champion.
Nikolay Alexandrov, son of Bulgaria's three-time world and three-time European weightlifting champion, and bronze holder from the Seoul Olympics, Alexander Varbanov, grabbed the gold in the 56 kg category.
Alexandrov lives in Toronto and competes for the Ontario team.
bTV reported that the young Bulgarian scored double success as he not only won national gold, but has broken records botin in Ontario's junior and male weightlifting that have not been changed in the last 21 years.
Alexandrov has lifted 87 kg and pushed 110 kg. The previous records were 85 and 107 respectively.
He has qualified for the Canadian weightlifting tournament to be held in May in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
- » Bulgaria Will Host 2 Tournaments of the New World Volleyball Championship in 2018
- » Grigor Dimitrov Wins Against Juan Matin del Porto in Cincinnati
- » The Municipality of Burgas is Working on the Rescue of Local Football
- » Dimitar Berbatov will Join a Former Teammate and Coach in India
- » Successful Start For Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov in Cincinnati Masters Tennis Tournament
- » Klitchko Revealed why he Gave up Boxing