Bulgarian Teen Crowned Canada Junior Weightlifting Champ
A fourteen-year-old Bulgarian has become Canada's junior weightlifting champion.
Nikolay Alexandrov, son of Bulgaria's three-time world and three-time European weightlifting champion, and bronze holder from the Seoul Olympics, Alexander Varbanov, grabbed the gold in the 56 kg category.
Alexandrov lives in Toronto and competes for the Ontario team.
bTV reported that the young Bulgarian scored double success as he not only won national gold, but has broken records botin in Ontario's junior and male weightlifting that have not been changed in the last 21 years.
Alexandrov has lifted 87 kg and pushed 110 kg. The previous records were 85 and 107 respectively.
He has qualified for the Canadian weightlifting tournament to be held in May in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
- » Real Madrid Arrives In Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Beats Verdasco in First China Open Match
- » Bulgaria’s Women’s Volleyball Team Defeats Canada at World Championship
- » Grigor Dimitrov Eyes ATP Finals in London This Season
- » Bulgaria Wins Gold at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Championship
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova Starts China Open with Victory