Bulgarian Teen Crowned Canada Junior Weightlifting Champ
A fourteen-year-old Bulgarian has become Canada's junior weightlifting champion.
Nikolay Alexandrov, son of Bulgaria's three-time world and three-time European weightlifting champion, and bronze holder from the Seoul Olympics, Alexander Varbanov, grabbed the gold in the 56 kg category.
Alexandrov lives in Toronto and competes for the Ontario team.
bTV reported that the young Bulgarian scored double success as he not only won national gold, but has broken records botin in Ontario's junior and male weightlifting that have not been changed in the last 21 years.
Alexandrov has lifted 87 kg and pushed 110 kg. The previous records were 85 and 107 respectively.
He has qualified for the Canadian weightlifting tournament to be held in May in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
- » Bulgarian Football Union to Determine Fate of CSKA Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Reaches Last Round of Roland Garros Qualifiers
- » Zinedine Zidane Also to Attend Final of European U-17 Championship
- » UEFA President to Attend Final, Award Ceremony of European U-17 Championship
- » Bulgaria Football Union Withdraws Domestic, Euro Licences of Four Teams
- » Football Union Reportedly Revokes Licences of Bulgaria's CSKA, Lokomotiv Sofia