Bulgarian Teen Crowned Canada Junior Weightlifting Champ
A fourteen-year-old Bulgarian has become Canada's junior weightlifting champion.
Nikolay Alexandrov, son of Bulgaria's three-time world and three-time European weightlifting champion, and bronze holder from the Seoul Olympics, Alexander Varbanov, grabbed the gold in the 56 kg category.
Alexandrov lives in Toronto and competes for the Ontario team.
bTV reported that the young Bulgarian scored double success as he not only won national gold, but has broken records botin in Ontario's junior and male weightlifting that have not been changed in the last 21 years.
Alexandrov has lifted 87 kg and pushed 110 kg. The previous records were 85 and 107 respectively.
He has qualified for the Canadian weightlifting tournament to be held in May in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Moves into 3rd Round of Wimbledon Tournament
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Ousted in First Round of Wimbledon
- » CSKA Sofia Returns to Bulgaria's Top Football Division
- » Bulgarian Defender Ivan Ivanov joins Greece’s Football Club Panathinaikos
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Makes It Past Wimbledon's 1st Round
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Starts in Wimbledon on Monday