Bulgarian President Urges Increased Absorption of EU Funds
Political parties and institutions should make joint efforts for the absorption of EU funds, Bulgaria’s President Rosen Plevneliev said Tuesday.
"Good governance and access to quality public services, effective implementation of e-governance are important. We should support measures aimed at modern infrastructure, energy efficiency, diversification,” said the Head of state after the meeting of the Consultative Council for National Security (CCNS), Focus News reported.
The Council meeting, called by President Rosen Plevneliev, is entitled "Strategic Priorities for Bulgaria in the context of the partnership agreement with the European Commission in the period 2014-2020."
"The achievement of the objectives set out in the National Development Program: Bulgaria 2020 and the EC partnership agreement will ensure economic growth. Resources for the program implementation are limited, thus the absorbtion of the partnership agreement funding needs to be transparent and effective "said Plevneliev.
According to President Plevneliev, members of the CCNS have agreed upon the suggestion of the Council of Ministers for the conduction of an information campaign to explain the partnership agreement draft.
"The members of the Consultative Council for National Security recognize that implementation of the agreement and the efficient absorption of EU funds are crucial. Political parties and institutions should make joint efforts to achieve this objective, "said President Rosen Plevneliev.
- » EU Research Chief to Inspect Construction of Sofia Tech Park
- » Bulgaria's Deputy PM Calls on EU to Reform Policies on Refugees
- » EU Parliament Approves EUR 6.4 M in Flood Aid to Bulgaria
- » Decision on Schengen Bids of Bulgaria, Romania, Postponed Yet Again
- » Bulgaria to Receive EUR 6.4 M in Flood Damage Aid from EU Solidarity Fund
- » Bulgaria Moves to Align Its Refugee Legislation with EU Law