Bulgarian President Urges Increased Absorption of EU Funds
Political parties and institutions should make joint efforts for the absorption of EU funds, Bulgaria’s President Rosen Plevneliev said Tuesday.
"Good governance and access to quality public services, effective implementation of e-governance are important. We should support measures aimed at modern infrastructure, energy efficiency, diversification,” said the Head of state after the meeting of the Consultative Council for National Security (CCNS), Focus News reported.
The Council meeting, called by President Rosen Plevneliev, is entitled "Strategic Priorities for Bulgaria in the context of the partnership agreement with the European Commission in the period 2014-2020."
"The achievement of the objectives set out in the National Development Program: Bulgaria 2020 and the EC partnership agreement will ensure economic growth. Resources for the program implementation are limited, thus the absorbtion of the partnership agreement funding needs to be transparent and effective "said Plevneliev.
According to President Plevneliev, members of the CCNS have agreed upon the suggestion of the Council of Ministers for the conduction of an information campaign to explain the partnership agreement draft.
"The members of the Consultative Council for National Security recognize that implementation of the agreement and the efficient absorption of EU funds are crucial. Political parties and institutions should make joint efforts to achieve this objective, "said President Rosen Plevneliev.
- » Justice Minister Expects Negative EC Report on Judiciary
- » EU Commission to Go On with CVM Reports on Bulgaria, Romania
- » Romania Could Outpace Bulgaria in Schengen Accession - Deputy PM
- » Bulgaria Runs Huge Risk of Losing EU Funds - Deputy PM
- » European Commission OKs 39 New Operational Programs, None of Them Bulgarian
- » Bulgaria to Seek Long-Term Loan for 240-km Section of Hemus Motorway