Dimitar Berbatov in Monaco: I’m Excited about this New Challenge
Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov was officially presented as Monaco's new player, during a press conference at the Stade Louis II on Tuesday.
Following his first training session with the team, Berbatov appeared in front of journalists at the stadium's conference hall.
"Excuse me for not speaking French", the Bulgarian opened.
"I chose to come here because this is a great club. I know the coach also. This will be an exciting new challenge for me, in a new league. Let's see how I will adapt", Berbatov added.
The 33-year-old Bulgarian admitted that his form is probably not what it used to be several years ago, but promised he will make an effort to adapt to the new style quickly and to contribute to Monaco's ambitious goals.
"A match against PSG would be an incredible way to start my career here. To play against Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who is one of the best in the world", said Berbatov.
Monaco, who are 2nd in the French League, face leaders PSG on Sunday in a crucial home match. Berbatov is likely to start, in light of the long-term injury of the team's key striker Radamel Falcao.
- » Bulgarian Defender Ivan Ivanov joins Greece’s Football Club Panathinaikos
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Makes It Past Wimbledon's 1st Round
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Starts in Wimbledon on Monday
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face Bjorn Fratangelo at Wimbledon
- » Bulgaria's Stiliyan Petrov to Join Aston Villa for Pre-season Training
- » Bulgaria's Rhythmic Gymnastics Athlete Undergoes Successful Spine Surgery