Bulgaria Awarded for Best Stand at Istanbul Tourism Expo
Bulgaria has received the highest award for best stand at the International Tourism Exhibit in Istanbul, the Ministry of Economy announced Tuesday.
The award has been bestowed in an exclusive competition with national stands of 71 countries and another 150 provinces and regions, the BTA news agency reported.
Deputy Minister of Economy and Energy in charge of tourism, Branimir Botev, said that for the first time in recent years, tourism has been declared independent policy and has a separate budget, which is many times larger than the previous one. He added the first results from the above were the modified approach about the vision and the country's presence in world tourism forums.
In Istanbul, the country participated for the first time with two stands and the presentation of Bulgarian winter resorts has been especially impressive for the hosts. Botev said that a persisting trend is noted in Bulgaria's tourism becoming an attractive sector for investments.
- » Two Russian Tour Firms’ Clients Stranded Abroad to Be Back Home Soon
- » Yet Another Russian Touroperator Goes Bankrupt
- » Russian Tour Operator Solvex-Tourne Suspends Activities
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Sector Expects 10% Decline in 2014
- » Sofia Hotels In Top 10 Of World's Cleanest
- » Expert Predicts 20% Growth in Bulgarian Tourists in Greece by end-2014