2014 Truce Wall Erected in Sochi as Olympic Fire Crosses Caucasus
The traditional truce wall has been erected Tuesday in the Olympic village of Russian resort Sochi, which on Friday will see the launching of the 2014 winter olympics.
In the meanwhile, the Olympic Fire has passed through the nearby restive Caucasus region.
Monday the fire was carried through Maykop, capital of the Republic of Adygea.
No security problems have marred the carrying of the fire, which has been greeted by crowds in all settlements through which it passed.
In Sochi, the truce wall projected a message of salutation: "The youth of Russia welcomes you, participants in the Sochi Winter Olympic Games, ambassadors of peace!"
"You represent different countries and continents, and what unites you all is sprot. The Sochi 2014 games show the unity of people from all diverse cultures, religions and world views. That is the spirit of the Olympic truce. Let us together address all peoples with the call to abide by the Olympic truce and work for longterm peace on Earth."
- » Ludogorets, Crvena Zvezda Tied in Champions League Qualifier
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Facing Serbia's Crvena Zvezda
- » Bulgaria's Boyan Petrov Ascends His 8th Eight-Thousander
- » IOC Allows Russian Competitors to Take Part in Rio Olympics
- » Top Court for Sport Upholds IAAF Ban on Russian Athletes from Rio Olympics
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova Climbs Up World Tennis Ranking