Bulgarian President to Attend Sochi Olympics Closing
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev has said he will attend the Sochi Winter Olympics closing ceremony on Ferbruary 23.
"I will visit Sochi to demonstrate my respect to the games, the Olympic spirit, and all those who trust in them," said Plevneliev for ITAR-TASS.
The Bulgarian head of state is not planning to attend the Sochi opening ceremony this Friday.
Bulgaria, which sent an 18-strong team to the Russian resort town, will be represented by PM Plamen Oresharski.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Australia's Ebden to Progress to 2nd Round of US Open
- » Bulgarian Mountain Runner Sets New Record on Completing Kom-Emine Hike
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet lalova-Collio Comes 7th in 200m World Final
- » Serie A Newcomer Signs Bulgarian Winger Aleksandar Tonev
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet Lalova-Collio Books Spot in Women’s 200m Final in Beijing
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Remains Undefeated in St. Louis