Bulgarian President to Attend Sochi Olympics Closing
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev has said he will attend the Sochi Winter Olympics closing ceremony on Ferbruary 23.
"I will visit Sochi to demonstrate my respect to the games, the Olympic spirit, and all those who trust in them," said Plevneliev for ITAR-TASS.
The Bulgarian head of state is not planning to attend the Sochi opening ceremony this Friday.
Bulgaria, which sent an 18-strong team to the Russian resort town, will be represented by PM Plamen Oresharski.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Proceeds to 3rd Round of Toronto Masters
- » Ludogorets, Crvena Zvezda Tied in Champions League Qualifier
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Facing Serbia's Crvena Zvezda
- » Bulgaria's Boyan Petrov Ascends His 8th Eight-Thousander
- » IOC Allows Russian Competitors to Take Part in Rio Olympics
- » Top Court for Sport Upholds IAAF Ban on Russian Athletes from Rio Olympics