Bulgarian President Praises South Stream
Bulgaria hopes for a successful completion of the South Stream natural gas pipeline project in abidance with EU legislation, stated Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev.
Tuesday Russian state information agency ITAR-TASS published an extensive interview with the Bulgarian head of state on a number of topics of mutual interest.
"As President of Bulgaria I support the South Stream project and hope that it will be executed in line with market laws and will be synchronized with EU requirements, taking into account the fact that Bulgaria is a proud EU member," said Plevneliev.
He recalled that Bulgaria's government has declared the gas pipeline a strategic project, and stressed that in the country there is a consensus regarding the topic.
"For us South Stream is important given that there have already been unexpected problems with gas deliveries," said the Bulgarian President, refering to the 2009 Russia-Ukraine gas dispute.
"Thanks to South Stream we will be able to diversify the routes of natural gas delivery and live in greater tranquility and security," added he.
Plevneliev further expressed his hopes that the new pipeline will boost Sofia's ambitions to become one of Europe's energy centers.
- » Public Discussions on Gas Extraction in the Dobrudzha Region
- » Random Inspections Indicate Good Preparation of Network Electric Operators for the Winter
- » Just One Marine Wind Turbine Farm can Power the Whole World
- » Large Scale Power Outages in Sofia from Today
- » Europe will Receive Azerbaijani Gas in 2020
- » Gazprom does not Exclude the Possibility of Building New Gas Pipelines for Europe