5 Bulgarians Nabbed for Planting Weed in Belgium
Seven persons, five of whom Bulgarians, have been arrested in Belgium for growing cannabis, reported local media.
The group, also including one Croatian citizen and one person of unconfirmed citizenship, was detained after a signal from a citizen who reported suspicious activities on a Sunday morning.
The people were arrested near a derelict building in the municipality of Mouscron, after some 800 cannabis plants were uncovered at the site.
The detainees said they were workers hired to pick and transport the cannabis to the Netherlands.
- » Greece to Request Approval for Corporate Tax Cuts
- » Bulgaria's Debt Was EU's Second-Lowest in 2013
- » Ex Bulgarian President: Bulgaria Must Oppose South Stream Suspension
- » Apartment Prices in Bulgaria On the Rise After 1.5 Years' Drop
- » Retail Chains Contributed BGN 1 B in VAT to Bulgaria's Budget
- » Possible Gas Reserves at Bulgaria's Khan Asparuh Block at 100 bcm