5 Bulgarians Nabbed for Planting Weed in Belgium
Seven persons, five of whom Bulgarians, have been arrested in Belgium for growing cannabis, reported local media.
The group, also including one Croatian citizen and one person of unconfirmed citizenship, was detained after a signal from a citizen who reported suspicious activities on a Sunday morning.
The people were arrested near a derelict building in the municipality of Mouscron, after some 800 cannabis plants were uncovered at the site.
The detainees said they were workers hired to pick and transport the cannabis to the Netherlands.
- » Bulgarian Food Safety Agency Head Dismissed amid Extortion Allegations
- » Average Wage in Bulgaria Increased 4-fold in 2000-2015
- » Bulgaria’s State-Owned Maritsa East 2 TPP Reported Loss of BGN 38.6 M in 2014
- » Bulgarian Farmers Hit By Russia Sanctions May Expect Compensations Totaling EUR 398 000
- » Bulgarians Completed Less Tourist Trips in First Quarter of 2015
- » Bulgaria Backs Idea for Gas Ring with Romania, Hungary, Slovakia