5 Bulgarians Nabbed for Planting Weed in Belgium
Seven persons, five of whom Bulgarians, have been arrested in Belgium for growing cannabis, reported local media.
The group, also including one Croatian citizen and one person of unconfirmed citizenship, was detained after a signal from a citizen who reported suspicious activities on a Sunday morning.
The people were arrested near a derelict building in the municipality of Mouscron, after some 800 cannabis plants were uncovered at the site.
The detainees said they were workers hired to pick and transport the cannabis to the Netherlands.
- » Bulgaria Plans to Reintroduce 10% Bank Deposit Interest Tax
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Minister Expects 4-5% Growth This Winter
- » Sofia Gets EUR 400 M For Metro Extension
- » Sofia Court Suspends Insolvency Proceedings Against KTB
- » Bulgarian MPs Back Fast-Track Expropriation of Terrains for Socially Significant Projects
- » Bulgaria to Offer Combined Tour Packages with Neighboring Balkan Countries