Bulgarian Nabbed with 1 Kg Heroin in Turkey
A Bulgarian woman carrying close to 1 kg of heroing has been detained by border authorities in Turkey upon trying to cross into Bulgaria.
The drug was distributed into 25 small packages carried into the down jacket of the woman.
The Bulgarian woman was acting and travelling together with a male Turkish citizen, said Turkish border authorities.
They were able to detain the two after receiving a signal that the Turkish citizen might be travelling from Istanbul to Europe carrying drugs.
The two were apprehended at the Kapikule checkpoint.
- » Bulgaria’s Prosecuting Authority Starts Probe Over Bribe Claims of Defense Minister
- » Bulgaria Counter-Terrorism Officer Detained at Border with Turkey
- » Bulgarian Midwife Remains in Detention after Severely Wounding Baby
- » Sofia Appellate Court Upholds Judge Chenalova's Release on Bail
- » Attacker of Bulgarian Politician Ahmed Dogan Conclusively Sentenced to 3 1/2 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Detains 17 Illegal Immigrants Near Stara Zagora