Bulgarian Nabbed with 1 Kg Heroin in Turkey
A Bulgarian woman carrying close to 1 kg of heroing has been detained by border authorities in Turkey upon trying to cross into Bulgaria.
The drug was distributed into 25 small packages carried into the down jacket of the woman.
The Bulgarian woman was acting and travelling together with a male Turkish citizen, said Turkish border authorities.
They were able to detain the two after receiving a signal that the Turkish citizen might be travelling from Istanbul to Europe carrying drugs.
The two were apprehended at the Kapikule checkpoint.
- » Serbia Arrests Bulgarian National for Trafficking Afghan Refugees
- » Burgas Bombing 'Raised Hezbollah Suspicions of Double Agent'
- » Bulgaria's DANS Apprehends Three Terrorist Suspects at Border
- » Seven Bulgarians Arrested in Belgrade for Intending to Stage Protest
- » Bulgarian Man Arrested by Macedonian Police for Human Smuggling Attempt
- » IntMin Confirms with High Degree of Certainty Missing Petko Sertov Left for Greece