Bulgarian Nabbed with 1 Kg Heroin in Turkey
A Bulgarian woman carrying close to 1 kg of heroing has been detained by border authorities in Turkey upon trying to cross into Bulgaria.
The drug was distributed into 25 small packages carried into the down jacket of the woman.
The Bulgarian woman was acting and travelling together with a male Turkish citizen, said Turkish border authorities.
They were able to detain the two after receiving a signal that the Turkish citizen might be travelling from Istanbul to Europe carrying drugs.
The two were apprehended at the Kapikule checkpoint.
- » Human Smuggling in Bulgaria Is Punishable by Ridiculous Fines - Foreign Minister
- » Bulgaria Charges Two People with Making False Identity Documents
- » Sofia Confirms Arrest of 3 Bulgarians in Hungary over Migrant Truck Deaths
- » Three Bulgarians Detained over Death of 71 Migrants in Truck in Austria
- » Bulgarian-Hungarian Smuggling Ring Allegedly Involved in Refugee Truck Death in Austria
- » Police in Plovdiv Bust Printing House for Fake Documents