Bulgarian Nabbed with 1 Kg Heroin in Turkey
A Bulgarian woman carrying close to 1 kg of heroing has been detained by border authorities in Turkey upon trying to cross into Bulgaria.
The drug was distributed into 25 small packages carried into the down jacket of the woman.
The Bulgarian woman was acting and travelling together with a male Turkish citizen, said Turkish border authorities.
They were able to detain the two after receiving a signal that the Turkish citizen might be travelling from Istanbul to Europe carrying drugs.
The two were apprehended at the Kapikule checkpoint.
- » Former Police Chief of Bulgaria's Tran Arrested on Suspicions of Trafficking Refugees
- » Sunny Beach Shooting 'Done by Criminal Gang'
- » Escaped Prisoner Detained in Bulgaria's Silistra After Shootout with Police
- » IS Group Suspected of Carrying out Terror Attack at Istanbul’s Ataturk Airport
- » Turkish President Condemns Ataturk Airport Terror Attack
- » Death Toll Rises to 36 in Istanbul's Ataturk Airport Suicide Bombing