Swedish Town of Ume? Becomes Cultural Capital of Europe
The Swedish town of Ume?, located in the V?sterbotten County has officially become the European capital of culture, ITAR-TASS reported.
Ume? will share the tenure as one of two European capitals of culture together with Riga, the capital city of Latvia.
Ume? is often called the "gateway to Lapland." One of its most popular citizens is Stieg Larsson, author of the famous "Millennium Trilogy" crime novels.
Meanwhile, four Bulgarian cities of Plovdiv, Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo and Varna are taking part in the competition for European Capital of Culture 2019.
- » Sting will Sing Twice in Plovdiv Next Year
- » Oscars: Reality Meets Dark Comedy in Bulgaria's 'Glory'
- » UNESCO Adds Rebetiko to its Intangible Cultural Heritage List
- » "Mystery of the Bulgarian Voices " with a New Single (Video)
- » In Moscow Opened Exhibition "SuperPutin"
- » Leonardo da Vinci's Salvator Mundi is Going to the Louvre Abu Dhabi