Swedish Town of Ume? Becomes Cultural Capital of Europe
The Swedish town of Ume?, located in the V?sterbotten County has officially become the European capital of culture, ITAR-TASS reported.
Ume? will share the tenure as one of two European capitals of culture together with Riga, the capital city of Latvia.
Ume? is often called the "gateway to Lapland." One of its most popular citizens is Stieg Larsson, author of the famous "Millennium Trilogy" crime novels.
Meanwhile, four Bulgarian cities of Plovdiv, Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo and Varna are taking part in the competition for European Capital of Culture 2019.
- » ‘Cats’ Musical To Be Staged at Sofia’s NDK
- » Sofia World Cup 2017 Is Coming on 5 May
- » Donors Campaign for Books Being Organized on The World Book and Copyright Day
- » Deep Purple's Concert in Sofia Is on May 14
- » White Rabbit, Red Rabbit - Act of Spontaneous Action
- » Three Days Grace To Come in Bulgaria for Hills of Rock