Swedish Town of Ume? Becomes Cultural Capital of Europe
The Swedish town of Ume?, located in the V?sterbotten County has officially become the European capital of culture, ITAR-TASS reported.
Ume? will share the tenure as one of two European capitals of culture together with Riga, the capital city of Latvia.
Ume? is often called the "gateway to Lapland." One of its most popular citizens is Stieg Larsson, author of the famous "Millennium Trilogy" crime novels.
Meanwhile, four Bulgarian cities of Plovdiv, Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo and Varna are taking part in the competition for European Capital of Culture 2019.
- » Leonardo da Vinci Painting 'Salvator Mundi' to be Auctioned for USD 100M
- » Blade Runner 2049 Headed the American Box Office
- » The Nobel Prize for Literature goes to Kazuo Ishiguro
- » Urban Art Fair 2017 Will Take Place in Sofia in October
- » Sofia Independent Film Festival to Support Bulgarian Cinema
- » “Creativity and Misery'' Exhibition Presents the Essence of the Human Emotional Aspect