Bulgaria’s Berbatov Expected to Debut for Monaco in Key Fixture
Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov will train for the first time with his new club Monaco on Tuesday.
Berbatov made a last-minute move to the French team on the final day of the January transfer window. He is loaned out from Fulham until the end of this season.
Coach Claudio Ranieri gave his players 2 days of rest, following the 2:2 draw with Lorient and trainings will resume on Tuesday.
Berbatov's first match for the club is expected to be on Sunday, in the derby against the league leaders Paris St. Germain (PSG). Monaco are 2nd, 5 points behind PSG and will be looking for a win to get back in the title race.
The experienced Bulgarian was brought to Monaco in order to replace the injured Colombian goal machine Radamel Falcao.
- » Top Court for Sport Upholds IAAF Ban on Russian Athletes from Rio Olympics
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova Climbs Up World Tennis Ranking
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Defeats Mladost Podgorica 2:0 in Champions League Qualifier
- » Bulgaria Claims Gold at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Kazan
- » Ivet Lalova Claims Third Silver Medal for Bulgaria at Euro Athletics Championship
- » Bulgaria's Ivet Lalova Qualifies for 100 M Final at Euro Athletics Championship