European Parliament to Discuss Refugee Situation in Bulgaria
The European Parliament will discuss the situation with Syrian refugees in Bulgaria during its Wednesday session in Strasbourg, Bulgarian News Agency informed.
The discussion will be held at the initiative of the European People's Party and includes statements of the EU Council and the European Commission on the subject, however no resolution is to be adopted.
MEPs will consider the results from the visit of the EP Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs representatives in Bulgaria in the period January 20-23.
The mission was sent in order to inspect the situation of asylum seekers and refugee centers in the country.
Earlier in January, Bulgarian MEP Svetoslav Malinov stated that the delegation would have to draft a document on the identified problems and to offer a solution, adding that "the earlier we show that we understand where the problems are, the more assistance we will get."
Malinov specified that Bulgaria expected to receive not only financial assistance but also support for the statutory procedures which were cumbersome and torturous for the people who were stuck in a state of uncertainty.
- » Vidin - Calafat Danube Bridge Will be Temporarily Closed
- » No Agreement on Role of Proposed Anticorruption Body
- » About 30% of Children in Refugee Centers go to School
- » BGN 80 Million is the Budget for Road Cleaning during the Winter
- » Bulgaria Media Still Under Political Pressure
- » Residents of the Mladost Quarter of Sofia Protest Because of Lack of Lighting