Investigators: Moscow School Shooter ‘Straight-A Student’
Russian investigators revealed that the student who opened fire at a Moscow school Monday morning was a model pupil, and had no conflicts with any classmates or teachers.
"The teenager was a straight-A student, and it is very likely that he had some kind of nervous breakdown. Circumstances of the incident and motives of the student will be investigated", noted the spokesman of the Investigative Committee, quoted by ITAR-TASS.
The high-school student shot dead a police officer and a teacher at the #263 school in Moscow, Monday morning. He held hostage over 20 students before being neutralized by the authorities.
The attacker had been carrying 2 rifles, both registered to his father's name. He had laid down his arms after his father had arrived at the scene and persuaded his son to surrender.
- » Greece’s PM to Discuss Cooperation in Energy, Transport on Bulgaria Visit
- » Diplomats Say Russia Targets Bulgaria, 6 Other EU States in Drive to Kill Sanctions - Reuters
- » Over 250,000 Migrants Arrive in Europe by Sea in 2016 - IOM
- » Red Cross Warns of Worsening Humanitarian Situation in Iraq
- » Migrant Arrivals in Greece Increase after Failed Coup Attempt in Turkey
- » Germany to Stick to Open-Door Policy on Refugees, Chancellor Merkel Says