Investigators: Moscow School Shooter ‘Straight-A Student’
Russian investigators revealed that the student who opened fire at a Moscow school Monday morning was a model pupil, and had no conflicts with any classmates or teachers.
"The teenager was a straight-A student, and it is very likely that he had some kind of nervous breakdown. Circumstances of the incident and motives of the student will be investigated", noted the spokesman of the Investigative Committee, quoted by ITAR-TASS.
The high-school student shot dead a police officer and a teacher at the #263 school in Moscow, Monday morning. He held hostage over 20 students before being neutralized by the authorities.
The attacker had been carrying 2 rifles, both registered to his father's name. He had laid down his arms after his father had arrived at the scene and persuaded his son to surrender.
- » Death Toll in Nepal Quake Nearing 4,000
- » EU Resists Kiev’s Calls to Send Military Mission to Eastern Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Red Cross Raising Funds to Help Quake-Hit Nepal People
- » South Korean PM Resigns over Bribery Accusations
- » Poland Denies Entry of Russian Night Wolves Bikers
- » Missing Bulgarian Student in Nepal Is Well, Contacts Parents