Fatal Incident Reported in Bulgaria's Bansko Winter Resort
A fatality has been reported in the Bulgarian top winter resort of Bansko by the Mountain Rescue Service of the Red Cross.
A man, 46, from the central city of Veliko Tarnovo has died. No further details have been revealed as the incident is now investigated.
It happened Sunday afternoon on a ski slopes junction. The man, who was wearing a helmet, has fallen and hit his head on a snow gun, according to 24 Chassa (24 Hours) daily. There is no evidence another skier crossed his path causing the fall.
He suffered severe head trauma and passed away despite the very speedy arrival of a fully-equipped rescue team and their efforts to revive him.
- » Fifth Edition of Chicago Folklore Festival Brings Bulgarians Closer to Home
- » 61% of Bulgarians Have Not Heard of Armenian Genocide in Ottoman Empire
- » Hundreds Protest, Demand Resignation of Bulgarian Culture Minister
- » EU Grant Sponsors Restoration of Bulgaria's Perperikon
- » Sentimental Swingers to Present New Album in Sofia
- » Ros Rossin's Portrait of Maya Angelou Featured on US Postage Stamp