Fatal Incident Reported in Bulgaria's Bansko Winter Resort
A fatality has been reported in the Bulgarian top winter resort of Bansko by the Mountain Rescue Service of the Red Cross.
A man, 46, from the central city of Veliko Tarnovo has died. No further details have been revealed as the incident is now investigated.
It happened Sunday afternoon on a ski slopes junction. The man, who was wearing a helmet, has fallen and hit his head on a snow gun, according to 24 Chassa (24 Hours) daily. There is no evidence another skier crossed his path causing the fall.
He suffered severe head trauma and passed away despite the very speedy arrival of a fully-equipped rescue team and their efforts to revive him.
- » State of Emergency Lifted in Southern Bulgarian Hisarya Municipality
- » Mountain Climber Falls to Death in Bulgaria's Vratsata Gorge
- » Passenger Train Hits Car in Southwestern Bulgaria
- » Code Yellow Over Strong Wind Issued in 4 Bulgarian Districts
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 106 Years of Independence
- » Greek Ferry with Bulgarians On Board Sinks near Corfu