Fatal Incident Reported in Bulgaria's Bansko Winter Resort
A fatality has been reported in the Bulgarian top winter resort of Bansko by the Mountain Rescue Service of the Red Cross.
A man, 46, from the central city of Veliko Tarnovo has died. No further details have been revealed as the incident is now investigated.
It happened Sunday afternoon on a ski slopes junction. The man, who was wearing a helmet, has fallen and hit his head on a snow gun, according to 24 Chassa (24 Hours) daily. There is no evidence another skier crossed his path causing the fall.
He suffered severe head trauma and passed away despite the very speedy arrival of a fully-equipped rescue team and their efforts to revive him.
- » EU's Top Court Says Poland Breached Air Pollution Rules
- » German Court to Decide on Fate of 15 million Diesel Cars
- » Earthquakes with a Force of More than 4 on the Richter Scale Near the Greek Islands of Zakynthos and Crete
- » Cloudy today, Rain in Many Places
- » An Earthquake of Magnitude 4.8 on the Richter Scale in Plovdiv And Asenovgrad
- » A Large Scale Forum will Discuss Double Standards in Food on April 30th