Fatal Incident Reported in Bulgaria's Bansko Winter Resort
A fatality has been reported in the Bulgarian top winter resort of Bansko by the Mountain Rescue Service of the Red Cross.
A man, 46, from the central city of Veliko Tarnovo has died. No further details have been revealed as the incident is now investigated.
It happened Sunday afternoon on a ski slopes junction. The man, who was wearing a helmet, has fallen and hit his head on a snow gun, according to 24 Chassa (24 Hours) daily. There is no evidence another skier crossed his path causing the fall.
He suffered severe head trauma and passed away despite the very speedy arrival of a fully-equipped rescue team and their efforts to revive him.
- » Bulgarian Christians Celebrate Ascension of Christ
- » International Poetry Festival Begins Today in Plovdiv
- » Sofia Disagrees with Putin Claim that Slavonic Alphabet Arrived in Russia From Macedonian Land
- » Yellow Code For Intensive Rains and Thunders For 7 Regions
- » Bulgarian Teachers to Receive 15% Pay Rise This Fall
- » Yellow Code Announced for 7 Districts in Bulgaria Over Intense Rain