Fatal Incident Reported in Bulgaria's Bansko Winter Resort
A fatality has been reported in the Bulgarian top winter resort of Bansko by the Mountain Rescue Service of the Red Cross.
A man, 46, from the central city of Veliko Tarnovo has died. No further details have been revealed as the incident is now investigated.
It happened Sunday afternoon on a ski slopes junction. The man, who was wearing a helmet, has fallen and hit his head on a snow gun, according to 24 Chassa (24 Hours) daily. There is no evidence another skier crossed his path causing the fall.
He suffered severe head trauma and passed away despite the very speedy arrival of a fully-equipped rescue team and their efforts to revive him.
- » Drunk Driving Rate in Bulgaria at 2.5%, Police Operation Reveals
- » Photo Project Tells Stories of 'Foreigners who Made Bulgaria Their Home
- » Wildfire Near Bulgaria’s Lesovo Border Crossing Contained
- » Bulgaria’s Environment Minister to Cut Ribbon on Waste Management System in Vidin
- » Forest Fire Damage in Bulgaria since Jan 2015 Estimated at BGN 10 M
- » 'Socialist Beer' Adds Appeal to Traditional Buzludzha Fest