Bulgarians Trapped on Road in Snow Covered Serbia
A heavy Bulgarian freight truck has capsized on a local road in northern Serbia, blocking some 50 cars in an incident with no-one injured, reported Serbian road authorities.
The Bulgarian truck driver breached a ban on traveling and entered the M22 road between Backa Topola and Subotica.
Earlier it was announced that 4 Bulgarian cars were trapped on the road to Serbia's border with Hungary, as snow drifts have accumulated in many parts of the country.
A total of some 40 cars have been trapped on the highway between Novi Sad and Subotica, with authorities planning a rescue mission Sunday.
- » Bulgarian Village of Belozem Declares State of Emergency
- » Bulgarian Authorities Issue Red Code Over Heavy Rain, Strong Winds in Burgas
- » 15 Districts in Bulgaria under ‘Code Yellow’ Weather Alert over Heavy Rain
- » Last Circus Lions in Bulgaria Leave for South Africa
- » Bulgaria Orders Montupet to Halt Aluminium Casting Unit over Suspected Air Pollution
- » Sofia’s MBT Waste Processing Plant to Start Operating Monday