Bulgarians Trapped on Road in Snow Covered Serbia
A heavy Bulgarian freight truck has capsized on a local road in northern Serbia, blocking some 50 cars in an incident with no-one injured, reported Serbian road authorities.
The Bulgarian truck driver breached a ban on traveling and entered the M22 road between Backa Topola and Subotica.
Earlier it was announced that 4 Bulgarian cars were trapped on the road to Serbia's border with Hungary, as snow drifts have accumulated in many parts of the country.
A total of some 40 cars have been trapped on the highway between Novi Sad and Subotica, with authorities planning a rescue mission Sunday.
- » Summer Floods Caused Damages Amounting to EUR 400 M
- » Bulgarian Customs Prevent Smuggling of Two Million European Eels
- » Mountain Rescuers Warn of Avalanches in Ski Resorts, Frostbite
- » Extreme Cold, Strong Winds Grip Bulgaria for New Year
- » Code Yellow Warning in Bulgaria for Snow, Gale-Force Winds
- » Bulgaria Warns of Snowfall, Rising River Levels