Bulgarian Liberals Hope for More MEP Seats at EU Elections
Bulgarian liberal party Movement for Rights and Freedoms will aim at getting 4 MEP seats at upcoming European Elections 2014.
This is the directive issued by honorary leader Ahmed Dogan at a seminar of MRF leaders currentlly taking place in Velingrad.
Currently the Movement has 3 MEP seats out of Bulgaria's 18. The party has been consistently ranking third in the country in terms of political support.
The party is expected to start nominating MEP candidates for the elections in May on February 14.
In the EU perspective, liberal parties, united under the ALDE banner, are expected to experience a major setback at the polls.
- » Former EU Funds Min To Lead GERB EU Elections List
- » Six Bulgarian Parties to Enter EU Parliament – Poll
- » EC Starts Penal Procedure against Bulgaria on EU Election Rules
- » Three New Bulgarian Parties to Enter Euro Parliament - Poll
- » Germany Removes Threshold for European Elections
- » Bulgarian MPs Agree On 5% Preferential-Vote Threshold for EP Elections