S&D MEP: Bulgarian Socialists Are Too Emotional
The Bulgarian Socialist Party acted emotionally by taking down trust from 13 activists, commented socialist MEP Ivaylo Kalfin, himself one of the 13.
At a conference Saturday, the Socialists took the move as a response of former leader and ex Bulgarian President Georgi Parvanov announcement in January his informal ABV movement will have its own separate election list for upcoming European Elections 2014.
S&D MEP Ivaylo Kalfin is supposed to be the top name in ABV's list.
"To be honest I don't really known what taking down political trust means. But this can hardly be the best decision," commented Kalfin Sunday for the Bulgarian National Radio.
"There are people for whom I can see no reason to be included in that list of ABV supporters. This suggests that someone is using the procedure to settle other accounts," added he.
According to Kalfin, the ABV is looking for dialogue with people, but without seeking a confrontation with the Bulgarian Socialist Party.
"People must be motiveated to unite. We must be happy when they want to be involved in politics, rather than say away," commented the Bulgarian MEP.
- » Former EU Funds Min To Lead GERB EU Elections List
- » Six Bulgarian Parties to Enter EU Parliament – Poll
- » EC Starts Penal Procedure against Bulgaria on EU Election Rules
- » Three New Bulgarian Parties to Enter Euro Parliament - Poll
- » Germany Removes Threshold for European Elections
- » Bulgarian MPs Agree On 5% Preferential-Vote Threshold for EP Elections