Interior Minister Deplores 'Filthy' Climate in Bulgaria
Bulgarian Minister of Interior Tsvetlin Yovchev has lashed out against renewed attempts at smear campaigns via alleged wiretapping recordings.
The allegations of embarassing wiretaps have been published by several media, and many of them are targeting former Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov.
"We ourselves are creating this filthy environment, a disgusting stituation in the country, which does not help anyone," said Yovchev for the Bulgarian National Radio.
"This acts as poison on our society," added he.
"It must be condemned resolutely and anyone who uses such methods needs to be rejected by public attention and public trust," stated the Bulgarian Vice-PM and Minister of Interior.
At the same time, Yovchev was resolute that new mechanisms implemented by the Interior Ministry provide for much better control over the use of special surveillance devices by law enforcement authorities.
- » Bulgarian Government Establishes National Anti-Corruption Council
- » Bulgarian Socialist Opposition Refuses Heading Constitutional Changes Committee
- » Bulgaria Customs Head to Manage Kapitan Andreevo Border Crossing
- » Bulgaria Might Have to Print Local Vote Ballot Papers in Romania
- » Citizens of Bulgaria's Garmen Hold Peaceful Protest Against Illegal Buildings, Thefts
- » MPs Meet First Nominee for Governor of Bulgarian National Bank