Interior Minister Deplores 'Filthy' Climate in Bulgaria
Bulgarian Minister of Interior Tsvetlin Yovchev has lashed out against renewed attempts at smear campaigns via alleged wiretapping recordings.
The allegations of embarassing wiretaps have been published by several media, and many of them are targeting former Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov.
"We ourselves are creating this filthy environment, a disgusting stituation in the country, which does not help anyone," said Yovchev for the Bulgarian National Radio.
"This acts as poison on our society," added he.
"It must be condemned resolutely and anyone who uses such methods needs to be rejected by public attention and public trust," stated the Bulgarian Vice-PM and Minister of Interior.
At the same time, Yovchev was resolute that new mechanisms implemented by the Interior Ministry provide for much better control over the use of special surveillance devices by law enforcement authorities.
- » Winter Road Conditions Regime To Be Introduced on November 1
- » Bulgaria's Traffic Police To Remove Licence Plates of Drunk Drivers' Cars
- » Bulgaria's Prosecutor General Demands Withdrawal of Immunity of Gerb Deputy Delyan Dobrev
- » 40 Illegal Iraqi Migrants Detained in Karnobat Region
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov: I Will Not Resign
- » Bulgaria's Presidential Hopefuls: The Low-Profile Candidates (Part 3)