Interior Minister Deplores 'Filthy' Climate in Bulgaria
Bulgarian Minister of Interior Tsvetlin Yovchev has lashed out against renewed attempts at smear campaigns via alleged wiretapping recordings.
The allegations of embarassing wiretaps have been published by several media, and many of them are targeting former Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov.
"We ourselves are creating this filthy environment, a disgusting stituation in the country, which does not help anyone," said Yovchev for the Bulgarian National Radio.
"This acts as poison on our society," added he.
"It must be condemned resolutely and anyone who uses such methods needs to be rejected by public attention and public trust," stated the Bulgarian Vice-PM and Minister of Interior.
At the same time, Yovchev was resolute that new mechanisms implemented by the Interior Ministry provide for much better control over the use of special surveillance devices by law enforcement authorities.
- » Bulgarian PM Appoints Deputy Education Minister
- » Bulgarian TV Show to Submit Petition for Holding Six-Point Referendum
- » Bulgaria Ex-President Says Ankara Working to Wield Influence on Bulgarian Turks
- » Bulgaria's IntMin Also Sees 'Plot against Govt'
- » Bulgaria's Govt Warns of 'Plot to Discredit PM'
- » Bulgaria’s New Education Minister Kuneva Vows Transparency