Bulgarian Socialists Withdraw Confidence from Allies of ABV Movement
The Sofia-city unit of the Bulgarian Socialist Party has stated that it withdraws political confidence from members supporting the ABV Movement of ex-President Georgi Parvanov.
Kaloyan Pargov, Chair of the Sofia unit of the political formation, explained that the declaration adopted on Sunday concerned all members of the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) supporting the parallel list of candidates for the 2014 European Parliament elections of the ABV (Alternative for Bulgarian Revival) Movement of Parvanov, former BSP Chair and two-term President of Bulgaria.
Pargov, as cited by dnevnik.bg, made clear that the articles of association of BSP did not allow the party's national council to exclude a member.
The stance, approved by the Sofia unit of BSP in a unanimous vote, underscores that the delegates of the conference oppose the initiative of Parvanov to support a separate list of candidates for the upcoming EP elections in May.
"We see the expression of support for a rival election list as politically incompatible with BSP membership. Georgi Parvanov did not accept this evaluation, he refused to engage in dialogue and he rejected the hand that was reached out to him," the declaration says, suggesting that Parvanov's move could deprive the socialists of victory to the benefit of right-wing formations, thereby undermining the stability of the parliamentary majority and the socialist-led coalition government.
BSP-Sofia also approved in a unanimous vote BSP leader Sergey Stanishev as the first name on the election list of the party for the 2014 EP elections.
- » Kornelia Ninova:'’We Are Worried About the Demographic Crisis and Poverty in Bulgaria’’
- » Kornelia Ninova: ‘BSP Will Not Split Because of Georgi Gergov’s Resignation’
- » President Expects to Hand Over Mandate on Thursday
- » Consultations Start Between President Rumen Radev and BSP for Bulgaria
- » President Rumen Radev: Bulgaria In No Way Seeking Problems With Turkey
- » 3km Long Queue of Trucks Formed at the Exit of Kapitan Andreevo Checkpoint