It's Official: Fulham Lets Berbatov on Loan to Monaco FC
Bulgarian football Dimitar Berbatov is now officially part of French AS Monaco FC team, after a brief uneventful stint in England's Fulham.
"I'm happy, excited and a little bit nervous, to be honest," were Berbatov's first words for the Monaco website.
"I look forward to start training with my new team-mates and open a new chapter in my career," added the Bulgarian forward.
Until the end of the current season, Berbatov is loaned from Fulham to Monaco, where he will replace injured Colombian forward Radamel Falcao.
The BBC has commented that rarely do a football side and player fit so well with each other.
"Dimitar will bring us all his experience and talent. He played in big clubs such as Manchester United and he's a big striker," said Monaco FC vice-president Vadim Vasilyev.
We still have two competitions to play and he will be an asset with Emmanuel Rivière, Valère Germain and Anthony Martial. He has a profile different from that of our others forwards," added he.
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Fails to Win Stockholm Open Title
- » Grigor Dimitrov Scores Two Hot Shots, Qualifies For Stockholm Semifinal
- » Grigor Dimitrov Nominated For Sportsmanship Award
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Reaches Quarterfinals in Moscow
- » Grigor Dimitrov Qualifies For Quarter Finals Of If Stockholm Open
- » Boxer Kubrat Pulev Feeling Stronger As Match with Wladimir Klitschko Postoponed