It's Official: Fulham Lets Berbatov on Loan to Monaco FC
Bulgarian football Dimitar Berbatov is now officially part of French AS Monaco FC team, after a brief uneventful stint in England's Fulham.
"I'm happy, excited and a little bit nervous, to be honest," were Berbatov's first words for the Monaco website.
"I look forward to start training with my new team-mates and open a new chapter in my career," added the Bulgarian forward.
Until the end of the current season, Berbatov is loaned from Fulham to Monaco, where he will replace injured Colombian forward Radamel Falcao.
The BBC has commented that rarely do a football side and player fit so well with each other.
"Dimitar will bring us all his experience and talent. He played in big clubs such as Manchester United and he's a big striker," said Monaco FC vice-president Vadim Vasilyev.
We still have two competitions to play and he will be an asset with Emmanuel Rivière, Valère Germain and Anthony Martial. He has a profile different from that of our others forwards," added he.
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet lalova-Collio Comes 7th in 200m World Final
- » Serie A Newcomer Signs Bulgarian Winger Aleksandar Tonev
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet Lalova-Collio Books Spot in Women’s 200m Final in Beijing
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Remains Undefeated in St. Louis
- » Bulgaria’s Lalova-Collio Qualifies for Women’s 200m Semi-finals in Bejing
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Retains Leadership in St. Louis