Geneva-2 Syria Talks to Resume Feb 10
Talks between the Syrian government and rebel forces are set to continue in Geneva on February 10, said UN and Arab League special envoy for Syria Lakhdar Brahimi.
The first round of talks, known as Geneva-2, began last weekend and is coming to a close Friday.
"This was the beginning, upon which we can build. It is modest, yet still it is a beginning," said Brahimi.
The special envoy said that there are a couple of points of agreement between the two sides.
One among them is the start date for the next round of Geneva-2 negotiations, February 10.
The final decision however will be taken after consultations of Syrian government representatives with officials in Damascus.
- » Romanian PM ousted in no-confidence vote
- » Justice minister Francois Bayrou is quitting French government
- » French Police Found Champs Elysees Attacker's Weapons
- » Premier Filip on a Working Visit to Brussels
- » Merkel Ready to Consider Macron Eurozone Reform Ideas
- » Bulgarian Ambassador to London: 'Attack at Finsbury Park Mosque is Defined as Potential Terrorist Attack'