Geneva-2 Syria Talks to Resume Feb 10
Talks between the Syrian government and rebel forces are set to continue in Geneva on February 10, said UN and Arab League special envoy for Syria Lakhdar Brahimi.
The first round of talks, known as Geneva-2, began last weekend and is coming to a close Friday.
"This was the beginning, upon which we can build. It is modest, yet still it is a beginning," said Brahimi.
The special envoy said that there are a couple of points of agreement between the two sides.
One among them is the start date for the next round of Geneva-2 negotiations, February 10.
The final decision however will be taken after consultations of Syrian government representatives with officials in Damascus.
- » Hungary Proposes to Send Police to Help Serbia Guard Borders against Migrants
- » Italy Issues State of Emergency Over Catastrophic Earthquake
- » Victims of the Catastrophic Earthquake in Italy reach 240
- » Turkey to Open Third Bridge across Bosphorus Friday
- » Terror Attack on American University of Afghanistan Leaves at least 10 Dead
- » Serbian Hunter Suspected of Shooting Afghan Migrant Dead near Pirot