Geneva-2 Syria Talks to Resume Feb 10
Talks between the Syrian government and rebel forces are set to continue in Geneva on February 10, said UN and Arab League special envoy for Syria Lakhdar Brahimi.
The first round of talks, known as Geneva-2, began last weekend and is coming to a close Friday.
"This was the beginning, upon which we can build. It is modest, yet still it is a beginning," said Brahimi.
The special envoy said that there are a couple of points of agreement between the two sides.
One among them is the start date for the next round of Geneva-2 negotiations, February 10.
The final decision however will be taken after consultations of Syrian government representatives with officials in Damascus.
- » Pope Francis Visits Turkey, Calls on Faiths to Oppose Fanaticism
- » Junior Partner Leaves Romania Govt Coalition, PM Vows to Carry On
- » Kristalina Georgieva Calls for Sound Agreement on EU Budget
- » Croatian PM Cancels Visit to Serbia Over Freeing of War Crimes Suspect
- » Three-quarters Of Norwegians Against Joining EU
- » MEPs Question Commission On Violated Rights of Bulgarian Immigrants